Similar WalkTC models from Bowflex are the TC5 and the TC20. The TC5 is a simpler machine. It has a lower weight capacity and doesn’t use a power cord. The TC20 has more programming, a higher weight capacity, and a longer warranty.
More Review Features of the Bowflex TC10 TreadClimber on video!
What We Like:
- Efficient Workouts: By training on a steep incline, a walker can get the same fitness results as a runner – and without the stressful impact on knees and ankle joints. When the TC10 is at full tilt, you’ll burn fat twice as quickly as you would on a standard treadmill.
- Goal Setting: The TC10, unlike the cheaper TC5, has Goal Oriented Coach technology. This feature sets weekly goals for 90 minutes of training and tracks progress for one user. You’ll also get a Climb Indicator. Every time you climb another 100 feet, you’re encouraged by notification of your progress.
- Ergonomic console: The console can hold water bottles and reading material.
- Space Efficient: The TC10 has a 50.6″L x 30.3″W footprint. It’s comparable in size to a compact treadmill. Thanks to the attached wheels, you can easily move the machine if needed.
- High capacity: This unit has a weight limit of 300 pounds. It weighs about 185 pounds and has a steel frame.
What We Don’t Like:
- No Preset Workouts: The TC10 isn’t known for its preset programming. The simple console shows steps taken, calories burned, distance, speed and time. You can choose from 12 intensity settings and set the speed from .5 mph to 4 mph.
- No Extras: You won’t find an iPod port, Internet connection or other perks on a Bowflex.
- Assembly: Some assembly is required.
- Lubrication Required: Owners will occasionally need to lubricate the treadles.
- Not for Running: Whereas traditional treadmills can handle speeds up to 12 mph, the Bowflex TC10 has a top speed of 4 mph. If you’d like to run indoors, you might prefer a NordicTrack incline trainer.
- Short Warranty: Customers get a two-year warranty on the full machine. If you buy the TreadClimber at full price, the warranty seems a bit light. Customers who are disappointed with any TreadClimber can return it within six weeks for a refund.
The TC10 is a good option for a serious exerciser. Whether you’re a beginner or an elite athlete, you’ll get a challenging workout and fast results. The TC10 is also a great buy from a space perspective; you’ll get a much better workout from a TreadClimber than with a compact treadmill. However, the lack of built-in exercise programs or entertainment could be disappointing. This machine is designed for people who don’t need distractions to enjoy exercise.