Ready to complement any workout space, Cybex treadmills are available with virtually any frame color too. Popular examples such as Eclipse Black, Silicon Silver and Pamplona Red are shown on the Cybex International website.
How it fits in: This treadmill is second from the top in the Cybex collection. It is similar to the more expensive 790T, but that unit has a higher top speed and a steeper maximum incline. The 770T’s touch screen and expanded menu of preset workouts are its most obvious advantages over treadmills in the 600 and 500 series.
What We Like:
- Track: Just like the 790T, the Cybex 770T Treadmill has a 22″ x 60″ running surface. The track is long enough for almost any runner and has extra width compared with standard treadmill running areas. Comfortable handrails (patented Cybex ARMZ) are included alongside the track for safety.
- Cushioning: The 770T and other Cybex treadmills have the IS3 Intelligent Suspension System. Designed after the best running shoes, IS3 provides softer and firmer zones corresponding to where the trainee lands and pushes off.
- Automated Incline: The deck’s incline can be tilted up to 15% with controls on the monitor and on the cross bar. Exercising with a 1% incline helps replicate the effect of light wind on training, and the steeper the incline, the more rapidly a person can burn calories.
- Powerful Motor: The Cybex 770T Treadmill has a 5 HP continuous duty motor. It supports a high speed of 4 mph.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Contact and wireless heart rate monitoring are supported. Heart rate information is color coded with red, yellow and green.
- Programming: The default monitor, called CardioTouch™, has a 4.3″ touch screen display for exercise programs and entertainment. It is compatible with iPods and iPhones. Nine of the preset workout programs help people meet goals for time, distance and calorie burn. There are also six military workouts, a 1-mile test and other fitness programs. Information can be shown in English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Danish and Dutch.
- Optional High-Tech Entertainment & Workouts: To motivate trainees even more, the 770T is available with a 15.6″ monitor called the E3 View HD. This widescreen monitor offers three viewing modes — Exercise, Entertainment and Escape – to match anybody’s workout style. Additionally the 770T is available with a digital platform called Cybex GO. Cybex GO provides virtual workout environments, on-demand video, live HDTV and more.
- Convenience:Speed and incline controls are positioned for easy access during workouts. Other convenience features are two large water bottle holders, a magazine rack and an accessory tray.
- Safety: A safety lanyard can be used to switch off the treadmill in case of emergency. Cybex treadmills also have handrails and a user detection feature called Safety Sentry.
- Color: Cybex treadmill frames can be painted any color at the factory. The Cybex International website makes 15 color suggestions.
- High Capacity: The 770T has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent Warranty: This treadmill has the same long warranty as the 790T. The entry commercial warranty provides five years for parts, three for labor and 10 for the frame. The consumer warranty extends the parts coverage to seven years.
Cybex 770T Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||60" x 22"|
|Top Speed:||12.4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||82.5" L x 36" W x 59 H|
- Price: With an MSRP of $7,995, the Cybex 770T is priced too high for most shoppers.
- Expensive to Fix: Keep in mind that expensive treadmills can be expensive to fix.
Cybex treadmills are expensive investments, but they are low maintenance and carry generous warranties. The 770T once led its series and remains a fine choice for most commercial gyms. The 790T has extra capacity but exceeds the needs of most trainees.