The track measures the standard 60″ x 20″, making it suitable for walkers and runners alike. It has industry-leading cushioning and can incline up to 15%.
Overall, a new Life Fitness Club Series Treadmill is pricey yet highly recommended. The standard warranty includes a generous 10 years of parts protection. Additional warranty plans are available too.
What We Like:
- Track: The Club Series Treadmill track has a 60″ x 20″ belt that can accommodate taller runners. Compared with other treadmill tracks, Life Fitness tracks reduce the impact to joints by almost 30%! These tracks have excellent shock absorption thanks to a patented FlexDeck system with durable polyurethane springs. They’re also maintenance-free whereas cheaper treadmills’ tracks need to be waxed occasionally by the owner.
- Incline: The Club Series Treadmill can be inclined by 15% in .5% increments. This lets trainees replicate outdoor conditions and burn calories even more quickly than when walking on a flat surface. Incline training also lets people stimulate a greater variety of muscle fibers for even better tone.
- Console: The deluxe console on the Club Series treadmill includes 22 workout programs, including programs that are controlled by the trainee’s heart rate. Another option is to use the Go System™ Quick Start feature. It remembers users’ preferred walk, jog and run speeds, letting a person step on and get going right away!
- iPod integration: The iPod feature lets trainees charge their devices and enjoy music files during workouts.
- Heart monitors: A wireless heart monitor and contact heart monitor are included. The wireless chest strap can be used with the Club Series Treadmill’s numerous HeartSync heartrate-controlled workouts.
- Motor: The 4.0 HP motor is powerful enough to support serious runners and multiple daily users. Users can attain a top speed of 14 mph. The treadmill’s maximum weight capacity is 400 pounds.
- Warranty package: Most Life Fitness treadmills are sold with just one warranty option, but the Club Series Treadmill has some variety. The default warranty covers parts for 10 years and pays for labor needed during the first year of ownership. Customers can choose from five other plans too. These range from a one-year extended warranty ($290) to a five-year warranty that includes annual tune-ups ($579). Note that warranty packages might be different for customers outside of the US and Canada.
- Overall quality: The Club Series Treadmill is loaded with top-of-the-line features. The multi-ply track requires no maintenance, the 3.5″ crowned rollers extend the track’s life, and the cushioned deck is virtually indestructible. The high quality extends to the deluxe console and quiet 4 HP motor too.
Life Fitness Club Series Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||60" x 20"|
|Top Speed:||14 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 37" W x 63.5" H|
- Price: Life Fitness treadmills are not economy-priced machines. The Club Series has an MSRP of $5,499.
- Shipping & assembly: Plan ahead! You probably can’t purchase a Life Fitness Treadmill today and be using it next weekend. Standard delivery takes about two weeks, and you’ll want White Glove delivery instead. That requires an extra week or so. White Glove delivery includes bringing this 425-pound machine into your home and assembling it. Standard delivery would simply leave the box of parts outside your home with a manual. White Glove delivery for this particular model costs $199.
- Footprint: This treadmill is one of the largest we’ve seen for private owners; its footprint is 83″ x 37″. Life Fitness makes two home treadmills that can take up significantly less space: The F1 and F3 can be vertically folded.
- Weight: The Club Series Treadmill weighs 425 pounds. It has a 400-pound user weight capacity. The product weight ensures stability but could be considered a disadvantage by some owners. All of the other non-folding Life Fitness treadmills for 2014 weigh less than the Club Series Treadmill, yet also have 400-pound user weight capacities.
See More Review Features of the Life Fitness Club Series Treadmill on video!
The Club Series Treadmill by Life Fitness is an excellent workout machine that adapts commercial-quality technology for home use; we give it a solid 4.5 stars. The console includes a great variety of workout programs and makes it easy for trainees to get started. The iPod integration included on this model seals the deal!