What We Like:
- Program Variety: LifeSpan consistently loads its treadmills with top-notch programs. The TR3000i treadmill groups routines by fitness goal to make selection easy. Five weight loss routines, five healthy living programs, two heart rate control workouts and seven sports training programs provide excellent variety. You can also save two user-designed routines and, for four months, download personalized workouts from the LifeSpan fitness club for free. After that, additional treadmill programs cost extra.
- Audio: Plug your iPod or other MP3 player into the console for a more entertaining workout.
- Motorized Tilt: The motorized ramp provides 15 incline levels. Training with the incline helps speed up calorie loss and tones legs even better than flat-track training.
- Intensity Options: In addition to setting an incline, trainees can choose from three intensity levels for each preset workout.
- Good Belt Quality: The TR3000i has an appropriate track for its price class. It’s two-ply and moves along 2.5” rollers for longevity. Furthermore, the belt is supported by eight variable density shock absorbers that minimize pressure on your body.
- Good Belt Size: Measuring 20”W x 56”L, the exercise area is roomy enough for most walkers and joggers. However, taller runners would need a longer track for running. The LifeSpan 4000i and 5000i have 60” tracks.
- Powerful Motor: The TR3000i’s 2.75 CHP motor is commercial-grade. Sold with a lifetime warranty, it’s guaranteed to power you through years of exercise. On top of that, it’s practically whisper-quiet.
- High Speed: This treadmill’s top speed is 12 mph. The low speed of just .5 mph allows for very light workouts and warm-ups.
- High Weight Capacity: The TR3000’s user weight limit is 350 pounds.
- Folding Treadmill: Sturdy and space-saving too, this treadmill folds up with an EZ-Drop system. When compact it takes only 39″ x 33″ of floor space.
- Great Warranty Package: Customers get a lifetime warranty for the frame and motor, a five-year parts warranty and a one-year labor warranty.
What We Don’t Like
- No Fan: No cooling fan is included on the console. Keep a fan nearby to help keep yourself comfortable and motivated.
- Paid Programs: You might get hooked on LifeSpan’s Fitness Club. This is the online service that lets you view detailed workout data and get new routines. Treadmills are sold with free club access — but four months later you’ve got to pay to stay.
LifeSpan’s TR3000i brings commercial-quality exercise to home gyms. Its preset workouts, powerful motor and incline are enough to condition anyone’s body with walking or running – and since it plays audio, the treadmill helps your mind wander too.
This folding treadmill is sturdy enough to hold 350 pounds as claimed. Unlike cheap treadmills, it won’t wobble or squeak. People who are very tall or heavy might prefer the higher-capacity 4000i and 5000i treadmills with 60” belts. Overall though, we highly recommend the LifeSpan TR3000i treadmill to adults of most sizes.