The LiveStrong 7.9 T is the LiveStrong brand’s entry-level home treadmill. It retails for $799 while the top-of-the-line 16.9T sells for $1699.
What We Like
- Warranty: The LS 7.9 T’s lifetime warranty on the motor and frame is exceptional at this price point. Users also get a two-year warranty on other parts and one year of in-home labor.
- User capacity: The sturdy 7.9 T can accommodate 325 pounds.
- Console: LiveStrong consoles are simple but sleek with easy-to-read LCD displays, built-in cup holders, and reading racks.
- Motor: With a 2.5 HP motor, this home treadmill can easily support walking and jogging.
- Audio: LiveStrong treadmills come with speakers and an audio port that’s compatible with iPods and other MP3 players.
- Fitness Journal and exercise programs: With LiveStrong’s Fitness Journal system and nine built-in exercise programs, you can compare exercise stats with your personal best and five previous workouts.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The LS 7.9 T’s 55” track is about average length. Some runners would prefer the 60” tracks of the 12.9 or 16.9 models.
The LiveStrong 7.9 treadmill is a respectable entry-level treadmill with good basics such as a 2.5 HP motor and a user-friendly console. Added value comes from the iPod-compatible dock and a Fitness Journal system. Topped off with a generous warranty package, the 7.9 looks like a great investment.
For a bit more money, some users would prefer the 12.9 or 16.9 treadmills, which include extra horsepower, steeper inclines, and longer tracks. However, the 7.9 is probably a better buy than the 9.9T, which has just three extra programs and a bit more power.