The LS 9.9 Treadmill is a step above the brand’s entry-level 7.9 T. It retails for $999 while the 7.9 T sells for $799.
What We Like
- Console: LiveStrong consoles are simple but sleek with easy-to-read LCD displays, built-in cup holders, and reading racks.
- Motor: With a 2.75 HP motor, this home treadmill can support daily training.
- Audio: LiveStrong treadmills come with speakers and an audio port that’s compatible with iPods and other MP3 players.
- Fitness Journal and exercise programs: With LiveStrong’s Fitness Journal system and 12 built-in exercise programs, you can compare workout results with your personal best and with five previous workouts.
- User capacity: The treadmill’s user capacity of 325 pounds can accommodate most exercisers.
- Warranty: The LS 9.9 comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, a 3-year warranty on parts, and one year of in-home labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The LS 9.9 T’s 55” track is about average. Some runners would prefer the 60” track of the LS 12.9 T or 16.9 T.
The LiveStrong 9.9 treadmill gets consistently strong reviews for great basics such as a strong motor and a user-friendly console. Added value comes from the iPod-compatible dock and a Fitness Journal system. Topped off with a generous warranty package, the 9.9 looks like a great investment. For a bit more money, some users would prefer the 12.9T or 16.9 LifeStrong treadmills. These include extra horsepower, steeper inclines, and longer tracks.