Not everything is a step up. Compared with earlier models of the C 700, the 2016 version has a wider but shorter track (22″ x 55″) and a slightly smaller incline. Overall it’s built for walkers more than runners. For more spacious running tracks, see our other NordicTrack treadmill reviews.
What We Like:
- Workout Variety: The new NordicTrack C 700 for 2016 is loaded with 20 workouts, all designed by certified personal trainers. These workouts can automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline by up to 10% to target goals for calorie burn and endurance. Trainees can also get unlimited personalized workout downloads with an iFit subscription, which is accessed through the trainee’s own computer or smartphone. (A tablet stand is integrated with the treadmill.) iFit offers standard workout downloads, immersive Google StreetView workouts, hundreds of high-definition video workouts, virtual treadmill races and other benefits. A subscription costs $9.99/month.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 10%. It can be controlled with console buttons and by preset workouts. Benefits include muscle better targeting and toning, faster calorie burn and the end of monotonous one-level training.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Pulse heart rate sensors are built into the C 700 treadmill handlebars. However, this model does not have a wireless receiver.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 700 Treadmill has an InterMix Acoustics 2.0 sound system, which is a set of 2″ speakers for playing MP3s. The port is compatible with iPods.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.75 HP DurX motor is designed to support long power walks. It’s sold with a 25-year warranty.
- Adjustable Cushioning: This NordicTrack treadmill has FlexSelect cushioning. With a quick adjustment you can turn the cushioning off to get the sense of training on the road.
- AutoBreeze: The AutoBreeze fan is a simple extra that makes all the difference. When you speed up, so does the fan! You can also control the speed manually.
- High Capacity: Although it folds, this treadmill can hold up to 300 pounds.
- SpaceSaver: The NordicTrack C 700 can easily be folded for storage. No heavy lifting is required.
NordicTrack C 700 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline/Decline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78.3" L x 35.75" W x 56 H|
- Warranty: The warranty for this NordicTrack treadmill is short, providing just one year of coverage for parts and labor. The motor is under warranty for 25 years. That sounds like a long time, but treadmill motors are normally under warranty lifelong. Whichever part you consider, the warranty is short for a product costing $1,299.
- Price: Better treadmill values are available for $1,299 or less. The NordicTrack C 630 is very similar and has been on sale for just $799. The 2015 version of the C 990 is also a better value; it’s selling for $999.
- Track: This treadmill has a 55″ track, which is too short for some trainees. The track is lower quality too; it is single ply and runs over small rollers. It will probably need to be replaced within a year if the treadmill is used regularly.
The new NordicTrack C 700 Treadmill for 2016 appeals mainly to walkers, who like its power incline and workout options. The preset programs are plentiful and iFit is easy to add on.
Although it’s fun to use, this treadmill isn’t the best NordicTrack value. It has rather low-end parts and a short warranty for its price but hey for $799 you really don’t see too many other better deals for the price out there.