In our review this treadmill is excellent for beginning or intermediate power walkers and runners. If you have marathons on the mind, see other NordicTracks for the power you’ll need.
What We Like:
- Endless Program Options: The C700 treadmill is loaded with 24 workout applications. Designed by a certified personal trainer, each app targets calorie burning, incline training, speed and/or workout intensity goals. The options become endless when you use iFit, which is compatible with the new C700 but not the older model. Using your household’s wireless Internet, iFit gives you access to personalized workout downloads, virtual training with Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser, Facebook-based treadmill races and other interactive options.
- Console Screen: The 6″ backlit console screen is designed for easy reading at any angle. It’s a bit smaller than the screens on other NordicTracks for 2014, but it accomplishes its task of displaying speed, time, distance, calories and pulse. A racetrack graphic depicts your progress in quarter-mile laps.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitors: Pulse heart rate sensors are built into the C700 treadmill handlebars. You can also use a chest strap (sold separately) to get more accurate wireless readings.
- Audio Entertainment: The C700 has an InterMix Acoustics 2.0 sound system and a port for your iPod or other MP3 player.
- Long & Adjustable Track: The track sold on the 2014 version of the C700 is just right for all but the tallest runners. It measures 20″ x 60″ whereas the earlier model has a 58″ track. The cushioning is adjustable; you can make it firm like the road or cushioned to reduce impact.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 12% to help you get better tone and burn calories more quickly.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.75 HP DurX motor is designed to support long workouts. It’s sold with a lifetime warranty.
- Warranty: You’ll get lifetime warranties on the motor and frame, a two-year parts warranty and the first year of labor free. That’s not terribly impressive but it’s much better than the warranties accompanying most other treadmills that cost less than $1000.
- High Capacity: Although it folds, this treadmill is sturdy. It officially has a 350 pound capacity.
- SpaceSaver: The NordicTrack C700 can be folded vertically for storage. Shock-assist technology makes it easy to manipulate the machine.
What We Don’t Like:
Not cutting-edge: If you’re a person who wants the latest and greatest technologies, then this isn’t the treadmill for you. The C700 is a great value but it lacks the bells and whistles – touchscreens, TVs, 3” speakers and such – that are found on more expensive NordicTrack treadmills.
We highly recommend the NordicTrack C700 treadmill to walkers and light runners seeking great basics and a few extras. The addition of iFit is sure to spark lots of sales, and workout variety is already interesting with 24 built-in programs to choose from.
That said, if you can spend a bit more, check out the C900 or more advanced NordicTracks. These have steeper inclines, more powerful motors, larger displays and longer warranties.
If you don’t want to compromise, go with the c700. I was originally considering the c600 and decided to put up the extra $800 for this machine and i
If you don’t want to compromise, go with the c700. I was originally considering the c600 and decided to put up the extra $800 for this machine and it is well worth it. I never actually tried the c600 but can tell you I absolutely love mine. I am a taller guy at 6ft and have plenty of room to move around on this thing.
I picked up this unit last week (01/30/14). My wife and I lugged it to our basement (this unit weighs 210 lbs). Note we are both 60ish.Opened the box
I picked up this unit last week (01/30/14). My wife and I lugged it to our basement (this unit weighs 210 lbs). Note we are both 60ish.
Opened the box in our van and brought it in piece by piece, but we did it. Very proud of ourselves. Now to the unit. Pretty easy to put together, took about 2 hours. Been using it for 4 days and love it. It\'s quiet, very sturdy, and the 24 workout modes keep it from getting boring. We\'re both addicted to it as it so much fun to use. The sound system is okay, but it beats ear buds, and the built in fan is great because you will sweat you butt off. All in all, I would recommend this unit to anybody, very happy with it, and you can find it for $799.00, which is a lot of bang for your buck!