As for treadmill comparisons, the new Commercial 2450 is very similar to last year’s five-star model. Its frame is a bit narrower to be even more home-friendly, but trainees get the same spacious 22″ wide x 60″ long workout area and durable belt. This home treadmill also shares many specs with the popular Commercial 1750; basically it’s the 1750 with a larger touchscreen and a bit more power.
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is sold with a competitive warranty package that includes five years of protection for the parts and electronics and two years of service. All factory-direct NordicTrack Commercial Series Treadmills are sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
What We Like:
- High-End Motor: The Commercial 2450 Treadmill for 2017 is equipped with a 4.0 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor. This impressive drive can support intense training, is low-vibration for quiet operation, and is self-cooling to help ensure longevity.
- Incline & Decline: The NordicTrack 2450 helps you get the benefits of training on outdoor terrain with its power incline/decline range of -3 to +15 percent. One option is to try a 1% slope to simply mimic the effect of wind resistance, which is important when training for outdoor races. At steeper inclines and declines this feature can significantly boost your metabolic rate and help target-tone your muscles. It’s especially fun to use with iFit Google Maps workouts that replicate the rise and fall of real-life routes.
- High Speed: With a top speed of 12 mph this NordicTrack is an ideal treadmill for most runners. Combined with the durable motor and power incline, the speed potential makes the Commercial 2450 an excellent treadmill for sprinting and interval training.
- Touchscreen with Web Browser: A premium 10-inch touchscreen is the centerpiece of the Commercial 2450 dashboard. Supporting workout programming and the web in HD, this control center lets you stay connected with email, social media and breaking news as you train.
- Preset Workout Variety: The new NordicTrack Commercial 2450 arrives with 40 workout programs. Designed with fitness professionals, these help you make the most of time spent for speed training, interval training, calorie burn and target heart rate exercise.
- iFit Coach Ready: This fitness machine is iFit Coach Ready. Using the built-in 10-inch touchscreen or a connected mobile device, here you can make the most of an iFit membership. Maximize your progress with daily personalized workouts, unlimited Google Maps workouts, video workouts, diet plans and other iFit features. iFit works with other NordicTrack treadmills too, but its Google Maps with Street View technology is especially engaging with the 2450 because of its power incline and decline.
- Tablet Holder: Bringing your own apps aboard the treadmill is convenient thanks to a secure tablet computer holder fixed to the back of the console. The tablet holder is adjustable so you can get a perfect viewing angle.
- Music Port: Keep motivated with your favorite tunes. The Commercial 2450 has a set of 3″ speakers and a port for accessing your MP3s.
- Tread Belt: Train with a spacious 22″ x 60″ workout surface. The Commercial 2450 track is NordicTrack’s roomiest option, and it’s even wider than that of a typical club treadmill. To minimize the need for maintenance the belt is two-ply and stretch-resistant, and it runs over a 2.5″ roller.
- On/Off Track Cushioning: With competitive runners in mind NordicTrack equips the Commercial 2450 with an on/off cushioning system called Runners Flex. When Runners Flex cushioning is activated the physical shock of exercise is reduced by about 30% so you can be a more efficient athlete and also reduce the risk of running-related discomfort. When the cushioning is deactivated, the impact is more like what you experience on an outdoor race track.
- Sound-Absorbing Deck: This high-end treadmill has WhisperQuiet™ deck technology. This feature absorbs sound from your steps to make the machine especially home-friendly.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Track your heart rate with a choice of wireless and grip monitoring. A Bluetooth® wireless telemetry system with chest strap is included. The strap can send a continuous reading to the display, so it’s a convenient tool for helping you stay in the optimal training zone. You can even use the monitor with pulse-controlled workouts; these adjust the treadmill’s speed and incline to help you maintain a specified heart rate as you train. You can also get a heart rate reading by squeezing sensors on the handlebars.
- Three Fans and Storage: Keep comfortable during workouts with help from three AutoBreeze™ fans. These innovative fans can automatically adjust to your workout pace or be controlled manually. Two fans built into the console can cool your face, and a fan on the accessory rack can cool your body.
- SpaceSaver Design: All NordicTrack treadmills in the Commercial Series can be folded to help you maximize your living space. Unfolded the Commercial 2450 measures 72.25″ L x 34″ W x 61″ H. With EasyLift telescoping technology you can fold the deck upward.
- High Capacity: This sturdy cardio trainer has a 300 pound user weight capacity, which is greater than that of most home treadmills.
- Warranty: The Commercial 2450 treadmill warranty includes a lifetime guarantee on the frame, five years on parts and electronics, and two years of service. You’ll also get a 30-day money-back guarantee, but for returns you’ll need to disassemble the machine and pay for shipping.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.25" L x 34" W x 61" H|
- Assembly: NordicTrack treadmills aren’t always easy to set up. With this unit you’d definitely need a friend or two to help with moving and assembly. In-home delivery service is available in many locations.
See Our Video Review of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 (2015 model)
A longtime favorite, the Commercial 2450 treadmill is updated for 2017 with a streamlined frame and a 10-inch HD touchscreen for accessing built-in workouts, iFit and the web. On sale it’s a top value in terms of performance, electronics and overall quality. If you need to spend a bit less though, the Commercial 1750 with a smaller screen and a bit less horsepower is also a worthy contender for your indoor training.