The X7i was NordicTrack’s top-level incline trainer until 2011. Since then the brand has introduced the X9i and X11i. (With their touchscreen Internet consoles, these units are noticeably more advanced than the impressive-enough X7i.) For 2014 though the X7i has been upgraded with a longer track and larger display.
We do recommend the X7i. However, because of funny sales games, the even better X9i sometimes costs less! Be sure to compare prices instead of automatically opting for the simpler model.
What We Like:
- Efficient Workouts: Like all NordicTrack incline trainer treadmills, the X7i tilts to a 40% incline. The Biggest Losers’ personal trainer Jillian Michaels has stated that training at a 40% incline burns five times the calories of walking flat! This machine also declines by 6% for extra muscle toning.
- Cushioning: Since this unit features Reflex Cushioning, you’ll get a firm push-off point at one end of the track and a soft landing point at the other. Compared with exercising on an asphalt road, this is much better for your joints.
- Console: The new X7i for 2014 comes with a full-color 10″ touch-screen display. (The older version has a 7″ screen.) Google Trails technology is included, so you can virtually hike through Arches National Park, Yosemite and other natural landmarks!
- iFit Compatible: Treat yourself to an iFit membership and download a new workout every day! Some other benefits of membership include virtually racing against Facebook friends and easily tracking your progress online.
- Audio: Work out to your favorite tunes by hooking up an iPod or other compatible MP3 player. You’ll get a convenient accessory shelf and speakers with excellent sound quality.
- Longer Track: The quiet 60” track on this incline trainer is long enough for just about any runner.
- Commercial Motor: The high-quality 2.75 HP motor has a lifetime warranty. It runs quietly and responds quickly to changes in incline and speed. Unless you frequently take very long runs, the motor should satisfy.
- Heartrate Monitors: Grip pulse sensors are built into the handlebars. For a better readout, you can use a chest strap (sold separately) and use this incline trainer with wireless telemetry.
- Generous Warranty: NordicTrack’s new warranties are pretty impressive. This unit is now sold with a lifetime frame, motor & deck warranty; a five-year parts & electronics warranty; and a two-year labor warranty.
What We Don’t Like:
- None? – Do we have complaints about the NordicTrack X7i? Not really! You’d only regret this purchase if the more advanced X9i were selling for less (which is sometimes the case).
The NordicTrack X7i Incline Trainer is a great machine for just about anyone. Enjoy realistic Google Trails workouts, iFit personal training, a 10” screen and a cushioned trip! Just be sure that NordicTrack isn’t offering an even better deal to promote the new X9i. You can also check out our NordicTrack Incline Trainer reviews on the X9i was well as the X11i.