What We Like
- Motor: The T7.0 treadmill has a 2.75 CHP (continuous horsepower) motor, which is more powerful than motors rated just 2.75 HP. The motor has a lifetime guarantee and is specially balanced for quiet operation.
- Console & Programs: The console has a wide 6-inch window that’s easy to read from any angle. A racetrack graphic helps you visualize your progress during walks and runs. Even better, 24 workouts are included. These have preset speeds, time limits and distance goals and were designed by a certified personal trainer. Choose from weight loss programs that focus on incline training, intensity or speed.
- iFit Live Wiring: An iFit Live console is not included, but the machine is wired for one. With an iFit Live treadmill console, a trainee can download personalized workout routines, virtually work out with the famous trainer Jillian Michaels, and race against Facebook friends. Another popular feature is integrated with Google Maps. If you chart a real-life route, your treadmill will recreate it with accurate topographical changes. It can automatically incline your track by 15% and decline it by 3%.
- iPod Audio: This treadmill is compatible with iPods and other MP3 players.
- Long Track: The 20”x58” running surface is long enough for most exercisers, especially when the incline is used.
- Motorized Incline: A -3% to +15% incline can be adjusted electronically at any time during workouts. Training on a slope exercises different muscles and burns calories especially quickly.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Trainees can monitor their heart rate by using sensors that are built into the handlebars. Additionally, the machine is compatible with wireless telemetry. Wireless chest straps are sold separately.
- High Weight Capacity:The NordicTrack T 7.0 treadmill can accommodate up to 350 pounds.
- Good Warranty: NordicTrack’s premier treadmill warranty includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame. Customers also get 2 year of parts protection and 1 year of labor. That’s pretty good for the price.
What We Don’t Like
Hidden Costs: While iFit Live is very appealing, this unit only has the wiring. An iFit adaptor and iFit Live membership aren’t included in the sale price. The adaptors sell for about $129-$399 and typically include one year of iFit Live membership. After that, you’ll need to pay for a membership renewal.
Cushioning: Cushioning makes this track about 20% bouncier than a road. That’s pretty good, but for even better joint protection, get the NordicTrack Commercial 1500 instead.
The NordicTrack T 7.0 treadmill is a useful, affordable option for people at all fitness levels. Its combination of 24 built-in programs and an incline/decline keeps exercise varied and challenging. It’s a bit disappointing that iFit Live isn’t included – but if you don’t want to pay extra for that, you can still be happily distracted by your iPod. All in all, the T7.0 is a recommended buy.