Beyond the extra attention to these comfort and performance features, this model comes with more personalized options and a sleeker, updated state-of-the-art console that boasts an impressive 23 preset workout programs and four separate personalized user IDs. Intended to deliver the ultimate workout experience from start to finish, the TRM 445 model provides users with performance options like a -2% decline and a 15% incline to work multiple muscles of the body, and achieve various goals from muscle toning to interval training for quick calorie burn and fat reduction.
Whether you use the TRM 445 as a daily way to get your cardio in or as a training machine to build muscle or endurance, this model is a versatile treadmill that is ideal for users of all ability and skill levels.
What We Like:
- Ergonomic Design: The special stride support feature and Ground Effects® Impact Control System make for an incredibly smooth and natural feeling experience both running and walking. Precor has designed this model to include deck features that actually adapt to your personal stride while keeping the deck sturdy and centered for reduced stress on the joints and increased safety. The deck is perhaps the most attractive feature of this model, built with a durable 1 inch thick phenolic laminated deck and steel crowned rollers to reduce noise, even at higher speeds.
- Workout Programs: A notable 23 preset workout programs are included on the TRM 445, which includes programs like “Be Fit” (for interval training), “Lose Weight,” “Push Performance,” “Get Toned” (for muscle toning), and “Go the Distance.” There is also an option for a Fitness Test where you can store your results to set and reach individual fitness goals.
- Console: The new sleek and slim console features a 7 inch color LCD touchscreen that is both attractive and easy to use. Compatible with Apple devices, users can plug-in for full audio control. Users can also download the Preva® mobile app to store and track workout information each time (the Preva® app can also give you weekly workout statistics). And to change your speed or incline/decline, simply tap the lever motion controls located at the base of the console.
- Workout Summary Metrics: The TRM 445 includes 12 workout summary metrics ranging from average pace and speed, to VO2 Max. This is a fair amount of readouts that assist users even more when working on goal and fitness tracking.
- Deck: This model features a reversible pre-waxed deck for extended life and no necessary maintenance.
- Warranty: Precor offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and an impressive 10 years warranty on parts.
Precor TRM 445 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-2 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 56"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79" L x 34" W x 59.5" H|
- Speed Adjustments: While the lever motion controls are easy to use to change speed or incline, it can be difficult for interval training when you need to reach higher or lower speeds and inclines at a more rapid rate. Many treadmills include a “Quick Key” feature, but this model does not.
- Deck: The running area on this deck is shorter at 56 inches (the average is closer to 60 inches or more at this price point), but wider at 22 inches (the average is closer to 20 inches). Taller people or people who want to do sprints may not like the shorter running area.
See Our Video Review of the Precor TRM 445 Treadmill
For $1,000 less, you can get the TRM 425, also part of the Precision™ Series, which has very few differences from this more expensive model. Other than additional personalized user IDs, additional workout programs and a larger LCD screen, there aren’t too many differences when it comes to comfort and performance features.
However; if you are looking for a durable and reliable treadmill to help you comfortably reach fitness goals, the TRM 445 model is an excellent choice that is both long-lasting and well-designed with attractive comfort features that are hard to beat.