What We Like
- Compact design: Each treadmill in the ProForm Technical Series features a SpaceSaver™ design.
- Motors: The 790T’s 2.5 CHP Mach Z™ motor is powerful enough to handle most users’ workout habits. The machine can support up to 325 pounds and a top speed of 12 mph.
- Workout programs: With a built-in iFit card reader, the 790T is equipped for countless workout updates. Each iFit card contains eight weeks of exceptional personal training: users listen to an actual personal trainer, and the treadmill automatically adjusts its incline and decline to support the individual user’s workout goals. Sixteen standard workout programs are also included.
- Heart monitor: The 790T includes a dual-grip heart rate monitor.
- Audio capability: The 790T’s iPod-compatible audio port and built-in Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound systems help to keep exercisers entertained.
- Cushioning: Adjustable ProTech™ cushioning reduces the impact on runners’ joints.
- Warranties: ProForm’s Tech Series treadmills come with great warranties. With the 790T, customers get a lifetime frame warranty, a lifetime motor warranty, two years on parts, and one year of free labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The 790T’s track is best suited to walkers and shorter runners; it’s 55” long. The 1050T has a 60” long track.
ProForm’s Technical Series provides an impressive treadmill lineup for 2010. Our treadmill review of the 790T’s found the iFit workout options and great audio capability provide extra motivation to exercise. The generous warranty package helps instill confidence that the 790T is built to last.
The 790T’s 2.5 HP motor can handle most runners. Runners approaching the machine’s weight capacity of 325 pounds are advised to purchase the ProForm 1050T instead. Also, this machine also isn’t ideal for taller users, but the 1050T has a longer track.