What We Like
- Compact design: Each treadmill in the ProForm Technical Series features a SpaceSaverâ„˘ design.
- Motors: The 790Tâ€™s 2.5 CHP Mach Zâ„˘ motor is powerful enough to handle most usersâ€™ workout habits. The machine can support up to 325 pounds and a top speed of 12 mph.
- Workout programs: With a built-in iFit card reader, the 790T is equipped for countless workout updates. Each iFit card contains eight weeks of exceptional personal training: users listen to an actual personal trainer, and the treadmill automatically adjusts its incline and decline to support the individual userâ€™s workout goals. Sixteen standard workout programs are also included.
- Heart monitor: The 790T includes a dual-grip heart rate monitor.
- Audio capability: The 790Tâ€™s iPod-compatible audio port and built-in Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound systems help to keep exercisers entertained.
- Cushioning: Adjustable ProTechâ„˘ cushioning reduces the impact on runnersâ€™ joints.
- Warranties: ProFormâ€™s Tech Series treadmills come with great warranties. With the 790T, customers get a lifetime frame warranty, a lifetime motor warranty, two years on parts, and one year of free labor.
What We Donâ€™t Like
- Track length: The 790Tâ€™s track is best suited to walkers and shorter runners; itâ€™s 55â€ť long. The 1050T has a 60â€ť long track.
ProFormâ€™s Technical Series provides an impressive treadmill lineup for 2010. Our treadmill review of the 790Tâ€™s found the iFit workout options and great audio capability provide extra motivation to exercise. The generous warranty package helps instill confidence that the 790T is built to last.
The 790Tâ€™s 2.5 HP motor can handle most runners. Runners approaching the machineâ€™s weight capacity of 325 pounds are advised to purchase the ProForm 1050T instead. Also, this machine also isnâ€™t ideal for taller users, but the 1050T has a longer track.