The very affordable 400c treadmill has 18 built-in workouts. You can add an iFit Live module (about $99) to access personalized workouts, exercise advice and other interactive features online.
What We Like
- Workout programs: Eighteen built-in workouts target calorie-burn, speed and distance goals. Additionally, the 400c treadmill is wired for the popular iFit Live! Using your home’s wireless Internet connection, you can log onto iFit through the treadmill console and run along “Powered by Google Maps” trails that you design, train with The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels, and otherwise enhance your treadmill workouts.
- Automatic incline: The incline feature helps you burn calories more quickly and target different muscle groups. Simply push a button and the track will tilt up to a 10% grade. It will also adjust automatically when you use the preset apps or iFit workouts. Note: On most other cheap treadmills the incline is manual.
- SpaceSaver design: To free up floor space, tilt the deck upward when this treadmill’s not in use! Shock-assist technology makes it easy.
- Track cushioning: The cushioning is rather good for a cheap treadmill. ProShox cushioning reduces the stress on your joints by up to 28% compared with exercising on pavement.
- Dual grip heart monitor: Pulse sensors are included on the handlebars. These aren’t as accurate as wireless monitors but the data can be useful. Keeping track of your heart rate during exercise can help you maximize your time.
- Audio: Stream your favorite music or the latest podcasts! The ProForm 400c can play your MP3s through Intermix Acoustics 2.0 speakers.
- Multi-window console: Multiple data windows show your speed, time, calories burned and other stats.
- Workout fan: A two-speed fan helps you keep cool during workouts.
- Warranty package: You’ll get a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, and one year of parts and labor.
ProForm Performance 400c Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline/Decline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.8" L x 35.74" W x 56.4 H|
- Track length: This treadmill’s track is relatively short. Measuring 55″ x 20″, it makes this machine best for walkers or runners with short strides.
- Motor: Despite its long warranty, ProForm customer reviews suggest that the brand’s 2.75 CHP motor can only be expected to support walking and jogging; beyond that, operation isn’t so smooth. See other ProForm reviews for treadmills with more powerful motors and lifetime warranties.
This new ProForm treadmill for 2013 is a so-so option for beginners and moderate exercisers. It isn’t meant for running – the track is short and the motor isn’t so powerful – but it could definitely help you walk your way to fitness. With iFit Live compatibility, 18 built-in workouts and an incline, you’d be hard-pressed to not improve your physical fitness.
If you can spend more for better parts and more capabilities though, see the ProForm Performance 1450. It has a 60″ track, advanced cushioning, a touch screen and other upgrades. In this price range we also recommend treadmills by Sole and NordicTrack.