This unit has 22 built-in workouts and can be used with iFit Live (sold separately). iFit works with your wireless Internet connection to deliver customized workout plans, video workouts with personal trainers, and other interactive features.
What We Like:
- SpaceSaver Design: Each treadmill in the ProForm Performance series has the SpaceSaver design. You can easily tilt the deck upward to save floor space when the machine’s not in use.
- Workout Programs: Twenty-two workouts are included with purchase. These were designed by a certified personal trainer to target weight loss, speed and distance goals. Even better, the 600c treadmill is wired for iFit Live. You can run along Google Maps trails that you design, work out with The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels, automatically track your progress, compete in online races, and more!
- Automatic Incline: The 12% incline helps you burn calories more quickly and stimulate different muscle fibers. Simply push a button to activate the incline motor. The track will also adjust automatically when you use the built-in apps, Google Maps workouts and iFit workouts.
- Track Length: The track length is just right for runners. Measuring 60″ x 20″, it’s long enough to accommodate almost anyone’s stride.
- Cushioning: Patented ProShox cushioning reduces stress on your joints by up to 28% compared with outdoor surfaces! This helps you train for longer periods of time and reduces the amount of recovery time you’ll need between workouts.
- Heart Monitor: Pulse sensors are built into the handlebars. These are convenient although not necessarily as accurate as wireless monitors on more expensive treadmills. Staying in your ideal heart rate zone during exercise can help you get fit more quickly.
- Audio: Listen to your favorite music or the latest podcasts through the treadmill’s speakers! The 600c will play your MP3s through a dual 2″ speaker set by Intermix Acoustics.
- Motor: The 2.75 CHP motor has a lifetime warranty. It’s meant to support speeds up to 12 mph. We don’t have much confidence in the motor’s ability to stay quiet over the years, but it’s a pretty good motor for the price.
- Racetrack Console: A 6″ display with backlighting depicts your progress around a quarter-mile racetrack. Stats displayed include distance, speed, time, calories burned and incline.
- Cool-Aire Fan: A two-speed fan helps regulate your body temperature during workouts.
- Warranty: You’ll get a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, two years of coverage on parts and one year of parts and labor. That’s not bad for a sub-$1,000 treadmill.
ProForm Performance 600c Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline/Decline:||0 - 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79.62" L x 36.63" W x 59.25 H|
Despite all of the above, the overall value of this treadmill pales once you see the upgrades. For just $300 more with the current web price, you can buy the ProForm 1450 with its 10” touchscreen and already-enable iFit.
This new ProForm Performance 600c treadmill for 2014 is a very good value. It can support workouts of any speed and is loaded with features to keep you motivated. Still, definitely check prices on the upgrades (the 900c and the 1450) before committing. Low prices frequently show up online.