The Sole F63 is probably the highest quality, basic folding treadmill under $1,000. It’s the simplest model in Sole’s current lineup, but it still gets nearly five stars (4.5 to be exact) in our review. Recently enhanced, the Sole F63 Folding Treadmill now features a 60″ running surface, a 3.0 CHP motor and an upgraded console with 10 training programs. Its powder coated steel frame is built to hold steady at the track’s top speed of 12 mph.
Workout progress is shown on a 6.5″ LCD. Additionally, the Sole Fitness mobile app can be integrated for wireless tracking and fitness sharing. This app is compatible with iOS and Android devices so you can view your progress on your mobile device in real time. You can also use other apps during exercise and it will continue to record your workout data in the background. The Sole app can communicate with FitBit, MyFitnessPal and other training apps so you can continue using whatever programs you’re familiar with and store all of your workout history in one location.
The F63’s $999 sale price includes a competitive warranty with three years of coverage for the parts and electronics, a lifetime frame warranty and a year of labor.
What We Like:
- High-quality parts: Sole Fitness home treadmills are among the best in the industry. Choose this brand when you care more about great basics than “extras” meant mostly for not-so-motivated beginners. With any Sole treadmill you’ll get commercial-grade components such as advanced cushioning, large track rollers and durable motors. The F63 is basic but Sole hasn’t skimped where it counts.
- Motor: The new F63 quietly powers walking, jogging and running with a 3.0 CHP motor. The motor is cooled by heavy-duty flywheels, so it’s likely to last much longer than competitors with comparable amounts of horsepower.
- Track quality: The Sole F63 has an above-average track, especially for a foldable treadmill. It’s 60″ long, 20″ wide and two-ply.
- Power incline: The workout surface can incline by up to 15% to provide extra challenge. You’ll find that incline training burns calories even more efficiently than walking or running flat! Incline and speed controls are conveniently located on the handlebars as well as on the console.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Contact pulse monitors are integrated with the machine, plus Sole treadmills are compatible with wireless chest straps. Heart rate data can be used to control the treadmill’s challenge level too.
- Preset Workouts: Ten workout programs are included to support goals for cardio training, weight loss and muscle toning. Two user profiles can be saved with custom programs for the convenience of the next workout session. Setting up workouts is made easy with help from a scrolling message center on the treadmill’s 6.5″ LCD.
- Cushioning: Sole’s CushionFlex Deck helps make cardio exercise easier on your joints. It’s been proven to reduce joint impact by 35 to 40% when compared with running on pavement.
- Compact design: The F63 can be folded to save space, yet its unique horseshoe-shaped frame helps make the unit very sturdy. Sole has managed to overcome the #1 complaint about folding treadmills: the wobble factor. Folding and unfolding are made easy with hydraulic shock-assist and a soft-drop system.
- Extras: Sole treadmills are bluetooth compatible. Other extras on the F63 console are cooling fans, water bottle holders and a utility tray. For convenience there are incline and speed controls on the armrests.
- Warranties: The new F63 is sold with a generous lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, a three-year warranty on the deck and electronics, and one year of labor.
Sole F63 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||82" L x 35" W x 57 H|
- Simplest Sole Treadmill: It’s not easy to find fault with Sole treadmills. Of course, as with all other fitness equipment lines, the entry-level model has fewer features than the top-of-the-line machines. The more expensive treadmills in this series have more powerful motors, more advanced displays and other upgrades.
- Slow Acceleration: Older versions of this treadmill were sometimes slow to accelerate.
At $999 with a generous warranty, the Sole F63 is an excellent value for at-home cardio training. The commercial-grade motor and cushioned track can support many years of reliable and comfortable use, and this year’s model has extra track length to accommodate tall users. The combination of a low price, durable components and Sole’s great customer service explains why the F63 is one of Sole’s most popular treadmill year after year.