AFG 3.0AT Treadmill (Folding)
What We Like
- Heavy Weight: Weighing in at 254 pounds, the 3.0AT is safety rated for a 350-pound capacity.
- Strong Motor: The 2.75 CHP motor can power through long runs even when used by larger trainees.
- Workout Variety: Seven preset workout modes and two custom-design modes are included. The preset modes are Manual, Intervals, Mountain Walk, Weight Loss Walk, Hill Walk, Cardio Challenge and Endurance Challenge.
- Incline: A 12 degree incline helps you tone muscles and burn calories more quickly.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A contact grip heart rate monitor is included. This treadmill is also wired for wireless telemetry but the required chest strap isn’t included.
- MP3 Player Port & Shelf: Get lost in music during workouts! Plug your MP3 player into the 3.0’s jack. The treadmill also has a shelf to hold small accessories.
- Warranty: Advanced Fitness Group stands out for its warranties. Their 3.0 treadmill is sold with lifetime protection on the motor and frame. AFG customers also get five years of parts coverage and one year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Basic Features: AFG is known for providing good basics. Once you move up in price though, competitors start to offer enticing perks that you might not find on an AFG. You might prefer the personal trainer workouts, TV, or steeper inclines included on competitors’ products.
- Shipping Expense: When you compare treadmill prices, be sure that shipping is included. This machine’s shipping weight is 280 pounds.
AFG’s 3.0AT treadmill provides good value. It has a high weight capacity, an incline, and a wide range of basic training programs. Many competitors vie in this model’s price category though. The AFG might win among those who care most about a solid build and a long warranty. Other brands might win you over if you care about luxury perks or a certain specialty feature.