AFG Sport 5.9 AT Review
The AFG Sport 5.9 AT Treadmill is a cut above the 5.5 AT, offering better performance for both serious runners and tech-savvy users alike. Even with its advanced features, it’s still relatively inexpensive, easy to use, and perfect for home workouts.
This treadmill features a full 60” running deck, a large 3.0 CHP motor, and Bluetooth connectivity – all deluxe features that most fitness buffs want in a quality treadmill. The running surface provides excellent cushioning with its 2-ply belt, giving you some extra pep in your step. And, as with all AFG exercise equipment, it offers an excellent lifetime warranty on the frame and motor.
If you’re looking to mix things up, the AFG Sport 5.9 AT includes 43 workout options and levels. And if you really want to take your training up a notch, you’ll love the 12 degrees of power incline and the strong motor that reaches speeds of up to 12 mph. Plus, you get a wireless chest strap to monitor your heart rate and built-in speakers to amp up your adrenaline.
To save floor space, this home treadmill folds quickly and easily with its hassle-free EZ fold assist lift system. However, phone a few friends when you first bring this treadmill home – assembly is complicated.
For buyers on a budget who don’t want to skimp on features or performance, the AFG Sport 5.9 AT is a well-rounded machine that offers a decent price to value ratio.
What We Like:
- Motor: With its 3.0 CHP motor, the AFG Sport 5.9 AT treadmill reaches speeds up to 12 mph. This larger motor boasts serious power, durability, and ultra-quiet operation.
- Heavy-Duty Construction: AFG backs its exercise equipment with an excellent warranty as proof of the company’s dedication to durability and quality construction. This treadmill, with its solid, steel-frame, is no exception. It offers great stability for heavy use and intense training.
- Console: The console on this AFG treadmill includes three easy-to-read LED displays and quick touch keys to control speed and incline.
- Built-in Workouts: Not only does this treadmill blast calories, it also blasts away boredom. The AFG Sport 5.9 AT comes with 43 workout options and levels to choose from, giving you plenty of variety and motivation to work up a sweat. Plus, it comes with a free AFG fitness app to use on your tablet, making tracking and scheduling your training a cinch.
- Wireless Connectivity: When it comes to wireless, the AFG Sport 5.9 AT has it all! Connect to your tablet or other smart device wirelessly, making it easier than ever to manage your workouts and track your fitness goals. This treadmill also comes with a wireless heart rate monitoring chest strap. And you can stream music wirelessly to the Bluetooth speakers as well.
- Incline Options: The AFG Sport 5.9 AT includes a motorized incline system with up to 12 degrees of incline, challenging enough for any level of runner. Plus, adjusting the incline is simple with just the touch of a button.
- Accessory and Tablet Trays: With two accessory trays on each side of the console, you can keep all your necessities within easy reach. And this treadmill also has a tablet tray is right in the middle of the console, making it easy to use your tablet on the fly.
- Audio: The AFG Sport 5.9 AT treadmill has a full integrated sound system with two Bluetooth speakers.
- Over-Sized, Cushioned Deck: The running deck on the AFG Sport 5.9 AT features a 2-ply belt with poly-cushioning and is a full 60” long. For runners looking to go the distance, this extra level of cushioning will keep you on track, while easing the strain on your joints and knees. And the 2-ply construction also makes for a more durable running surface.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: This treadmill has two options to monitor your heart rate. You can squeeze the contact grips or use the wireless chest strap that’s included with your purchase. It’s also compatible with most other wireless heart rate monitors.
- Cooling Fan: This treadmill has a cooling fan to make even your toughest workouts a breeze!
- Foldable Frame: The AFG Sport 5.9 AT has a foldable, space-saving design – ideal for use in your home gym. With this treadmill’s EZ fold assist hydraulic lift system, you can easily fold and store it when not in use. It’s a great way to maximize your space with minimum effort.
- High Capacity: The sturdy frame and solid construction allows this treadmill to hold users up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty: AFG products come with superior protection and peace of mind. This treadmill includes a lifetime warranty on its frame and motor, along with a three-year warranty on parts and one-year warranty on labor.
AFG Sport 5.9 AT Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20” x 60”|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||76" L x 34" W x 57" H|
- Difficult to Assemble: Some consumers report that assembly isn’t the easiest, and it requires at least two people. So, assemble a team before trying to assemble this treadmill.
- Short Handrails: If you’re an avid walker and like to rest your arms, then the handrails on each side of the belt may be too short for you. For most users, however, this isn’t an issue.
AFG is a well-known company that backs its products with an unbeatable lifetime warranty and quality service, so you can buy with peace of mind. We love the AFG Sport 5.9 AT because of its well-rounded list of features – it has something to offer users at every fitness level. With its integrated technology, heavy-duty construction, and overall performance, the AFG Sport 5.9 AT will make an excellent addition to your home gym.