Retailing for $1,999, the S3Ti is the second model in the Signature Series of treadmills by BH Fitness, with consoles powered by iConcept technology. These models shine with their Bluetooth enabled consoles that allow users to seamlessly connect their favorite Apple or Android devices right to the console, accessing apps, programs, etc. The console itself offers a basic blue back-lit LCD screen with LED display and 15 built-in workout programs, as well as Polar(R) wireless heart rate compatibility. The console area provides users with two water bottle holders, a built-in cooling fan and accessories tray, but does not have speakers or a reading rack.
While some treadmills designed with a folding deck may have shabby or “cheap” decks, this model does not. The orthopedic, multi-ply belt runs on 2.0″ rollers and can incline up to 12%, and the 3.0 HP with 350 pound weight capacity supports this treadmill with incredibly quiet and smooth operation. The extra-wide 22″x 55″ running area also adds to the comfort of this model, ideal for runners or walkers.
BH Fitness equips this model with a unique comfort feature that is part of their line of Signature Series and iConcept Series models called Active-Flex II cushioning, which works as a shock-absorption system to provide cushioning where it’s needed and stability where it’s not (like the tail-end of the treadmill where a firmer belt helps with push-off). This system is ideal for preventing injury and improving performance while running or walking.
BH Fitness offers a lifetime warranty on the frame/body, 5 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
See Our Video Review of the BH Fitness S3Ti
What We Like:
- Price: At just under $2000, the S3Ti is pretty affordable and very budget-friendly considering the features and durability of this machine.
- Console: The iConcept powered, Bluetooth enabled console is innovative and intuitive, allowing users to access all of their favorite apps and programs, store workout data, and more.
- Unique Folding Design: This model features a safety drop folding design system so it’s easy and safe to take this treadmill from flat to folded. Other folding treadmills may features a shabby, light-weight running deck but not this one. The folding design does not take away from the sturdy construction of this well-built treadmill.
- Running Area: The extra-wide 22″ (average is closer to 20″ just to give you an idea) running surface also adds to the comfort of this treadmill, which is also a safety feature.
- Suspension System: The Active-Flex II Suspension offers a tapered cushion suspension system. The Active-Flex II suspension system works by providing two stages of shock-absorption: a firmer push-off area to the back and a softer more cushioned area to the middle and front.
- Warranty: BH Fitness offers lifetime coverage on the frame and body.
What We Don’t Like:
- Speed Controls: You can only go up to 11 mph on this treadmill, which isn’t bad, but other brands at this price point will go up to 12 mph or more. This can also be a problem for runners/sprinters or interval training.
- Price: The price does not include delivery and set-up; something other brands do offer on models of this quality.
- Running Area: This model has an extra wide deck, but also a shorter deck at 55″ (which is well below the average 60″). This poses an issue for taller people and runners, and can also be a safety and comfort issue.
- Minimalistic Console Area: This model lacks a reading rack and built-in audio system, as well as any entertainment offerings.
This treadmill is an affordable model that is designed to be both convenient and comfortable with its unique safety drop folding design and advanced shock-absorption technology. And though the console lacks in some areas, for a treadmill at this price point to offer a Bluetooth enabled console is a definite bonus. So, if you are a runner or walker who is looking for a reliable, affordable and easy to use treadmill, the S3Ti is for you.