Designed for efficient and effective low-impact workouts, the TreadClimber TC200 is a top model TreadClimber from BowFlex that offers a luxurious walking workout.
The TC200 provides a calorie torching workout through it’s unique 3-in-1 design that acts as a treadmill, a stair climber, and an elliptical trainer. Two separate treadles with moving belts (like a treadmill) move in an up and down motion to achieve this unique workout experience that can burn up to 2.5x more calories than a traditional treadmill. There’s not much information disclosed on the motor in these machines, but based on the decent weight capacity (300 pounds), assume it’s a fairly reliable drive system. The TC200 reaches speeds of up to 4.5 mph, which is slightly faster than the entry-level TC100 model.
On the TC200, some of the console upgrades include a more spacious design, two large cup holders, additional user profiles, and a sleek, modern design. The display screen is an interactive, fully back lit LCD equipped with Bluetooth connectivity that syncs with the free TreadClimber App (as well as other popular fitness apps). With the dual-purpose USB port, users can power and use their favorite smart devices (safely stored in the large media holder with grips).
One the colorful LCD display, you can track speed, time, distance, and calories burned while monitoring your personal fitness goals through one of four customizable user profiles. The TC200 also provides five built-in workout programs. To monitor your heart rate, there are contact grip sensors conveniently placed on the fixed handlebars.
The TC200 comes with a three year warranty on the entire machine.
What We Like:
- Unique Design: The 3-in-1 design of the TC200 is an incredibly unique design that provides users with a low-impact workout that is still challenging. BowFlex even promises that you’ll burn up to 2.5x more calories with this machine than a traditional treadmill.
- Compact: In addition to the small footprint and compact design, the TC200 is also equipped with transport wheels, making it easy to move and store when not in use.
- Customizable Options: Four user profiles are included with the TC200. Track and store personalized workout data to help you hit your fitness goals.
- Console: The console on this model is much more spacious and roomy than the previous TC20 with oversized cup holders, a media holder, contact grip sensors, a Bluetooth enabled console, and a more attractive design overall.
BowFlex TreadClimber TC200 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||4.5 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||55" L x 31.5" W x 62.50" H|
|Built-In Programs:||5 workout programs|
- Heart Rate Monitoring: While you can monitor your heart rate using the contact grips, there is no chest strap receiver included and no option to monitor your heart rate wirelessly.
- Price: The TC200 retails for $3,299, which is pretty pricy. Granted, it is a 3-in-1 machine, but you can’t deny that this is an intimidating price tag. The TC100 retails for $1,100 less without many differences, so price is certainly an issue for the TC200.
- Warranty: We love that BowFlex brand offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but offering a mere 3 years coverage is worrying. Typically, for models at this price point from reputable brands like BowFlex, you can expect at least a lifetime coverage on the frame.
- Program Variety: The TC200 lacks on program variety with only 5 programs to choose from.
The TreadClimber models are best selling 3-in-1 cardio machines that yield fast and efficient results. The TC200 is a top performing machine with an innovative design and tech-savvy console. This model is a top contender for anyone seeking a low-impact workout that will torch calories. The TC200 is pricey though (especially compared to the TC100), so if you are concerned about cost, we recommend going with the TC100 instead. The TC200 does offer a healthy suite of upgrades for that extra $1,000, so it might be worth it for customers who don’t mind burning cash as well as calories. It all depends on your budget. This machine is certainly impressive, even if the disappointing warranty package suggests that you may have to replace it in a few years.