The TC 5000 is a step below Bowflex’s top-of-the-line incline trainer, the TC 5500. So it might be wise to compare the price and specs of the two machines before committing to a purchase.
What We Like
- Efficiency: By using an incline trainer such as the TC 5000, trainers achieve results in less time than with a traditional treadmill. Incline trainers burn significantly more calories than training on a flat surface and allow users to focus on specific muscle groups.
- Space-saving: With a 46″x30″ footprint, the TC 5000 takes up less floor space than a traditional treadmill, making it ideal for smaller living quarters. It also has wheels for easy transport.
- Programs: The TreadClimber 5000’s workout programs can be adjusted for 12 intensity levels.
- Motor: Users can reach a top speed of 4.0 mph on a fairly weak motor, so the machine is more for walkers than runners.
- Comfort: Bowflex TreadClimbers are designed to provide low-impact workouts.
Bowflex TreadClimber TC5000 - Key Specs:
What We Don’t Like
- Assembly required: TreadClimbers require some assembly by the consumer.
- Not for running: TreadClimbers are not designed for running. The 5000’s top speed is a mere 4.0 mph.
- Warranties: The TC 5000 is sold with the following warranties: 5 years for the motor, 3 years for parts, 3 years for electronics, and 2 years for hydraulics. This warranty package isn’t quite as robust as we’d expect for such an advanced machine. That’s worrying. However, Bowflex also offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all its exercise equipment.
The TreadClimber 5000 is an solid alternative to traditional treadmills. However, this model offers only a few upgrades from the TC3000 (including a quick-start feature, a visual elevation tracker, and a wireless chest strap). These features just aren’t enough to justify the $400 difference. So it might be wiser to get either the machine ranked lower or higher on this Bowflex line. Upon closer inspection, the TreadClimber 5000 isn’t quite the deal that it initially seems to be. It would be wise to research alternative options before committing to this machine.