The 2022 lineup of Bowflex exercise equipment comes out tech-strong and loaded with features, particularly in the case of the Treadmill 10. Designed to replace the discontinued BXT116 Treadmill and the BFX Results lineup, the Treadmill 10 offers a larger display and bigger tread belt just to start. Whether for a family with beginners or an advanced athlete looking for an indoor training tool, purchase of a Treadmill 10 comes with a one-year subscription to the JRNY Fitness app as well as compatibility with Zwift and a number of other online entertainment options.
Equipped with a 10-inch adjustable HD console, a folding frame, and belt cushioning system for the 22 x 60-inch running area, the Treadmill 10 does require a Wi-Fi connection to fully utilize its features. Both iOS and Android compatible, the machine sports a USB charging port as well. In addition to being Bluetooth-enabled, purchase includes an HR Armband and the machine comes with integrated contact grips.
Measuring 85 x 39.6 x 65.3 inches with a machine weight of 323 pounds, the Treadmill 10 can support users up to 400 pounds in bodyweight. Definitely a solid machine, Bowflex offers a 15-year warranty on the frame and motor, fives years for mechanical parts, one year for electronics, and two years for labor.
What We Like:
- Decline/Incline: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 offers a decline of -3% and incline of 15% which is in keeping with the top-tier home treadmill units on the market this year.
- New 10-inch adjustable HD Touchscreen: Designed to not only keep track of user metrics, the console can also display Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and HBO Max as well as the JRNY Fitness app and Zwift.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Both integrated contact grips and an included Bluetooth armband offer users a great way to monitor heart rate while training on the Bowflex Treadmill 10. While integrated grips are relatively common these days, the included armband is a plus, as is the programming with which it is designed to work.
- Device Shelf & Charger: An accessory tray, built-in media shelf, and USB charging port are all included in this machine.
- JRNY Fitness app: Purchase includes a one-year subscription to the Bowflex brand’s interactive training app, JRNY. With a dynamic library of routes and workouts as well as AI-training and adaptive coaching, the app is a big hit among users.
- Belt: The 22″ wide x 60″ long workout area meets the standard for runners’ treadmills in 2022.
- Sufficient Speed: With a maximum speed of 12mph, we feel this model will suit beginniners through advanced users.
- Folding Frame: To help make the most of your living space, you can fold up the Bowflex Treadmill 10 in between workouts. The deck can easily be pushed upward. When it’s released, it drops softly to the floor.
- Max Weight: With a maximum user weight of 400 pounds, this machine can handle most potential users.
- Warranty: The Bowflex Treadmill 10 warranty is superior to the average this year.
Bowflex Treadmill 10 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-5% - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Dimensions:||85" L x 39.6" W x 65.3" H|
- Large Footprint: Buyers should definitely take some measurements of their rooms while considering this machine. Also keep in mind it weighs 323 pounds by itself. Hauling this up to a second floor bedroom, or placing it on flimsy flooring might be tough without forethought.
- Questionable Motor: The manufacturer’s website does not list the horsepower for this treadmill’s motor, which is quite unusual. Reviewer questions on this topic have gone unanswered. Typically a treadmill motor’s horsepower is among the primary specs offered.
- No built-in programs: Unlike many of its predecessors, this model does not come pre-loaded with treadmill workouts. If a user quits the JRNY Fitness app and doesn’t want Zwift or another of the online apps, there are no built-in routines.
The Bowflex Treadmill 10 is part of brand we know quite well. Their treadmills are highly rated and we think the Treadmill 10 is going to fare well going forward. The next up model by Bowflex is the Treadmill 22 and while it does offer a larger 22-inch screen and some other features, frankly we feel for the average user the Treadmill 10 is probably more prudent pick. If users intend for it to go into a second story apartment do keep in mind it is a heavy machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the Bowflex Treadmill 10 work without a JRNY subscription?
Yes, the treadmill can work in manual mode. A Wi-Fi connection is required to register the machine, but after that it can be used offline.
How much does a JRNY Fitness app subscription typically cost?
The app typically costs $149 per year.
What are the biggest differences between the Treadmill 10 and Treadmill 22?
The Treadmill 22 features a 22-inch adjustable HD touchscreen instead of 10-inch, a 20% incline instead of 15% and it's a slightly taller unit.