Diamondback 510T Review
The Diamondback 510T Treadmill is a very compact treadmill for walking. It arrives fully assembled, and in the folded position it’s small enough for under-the-bed-storage. Now sale priced under $800 including delivery, the Diamondback 510T is one of the cheapest treadmill deals of the year.
Main features of the 510T are a 2.0 HP motor with lifetime warranty, a 48” x 17” walking area, and 10 preset workout programs. For convenience each workout program has its own start button on the console.
A special feature on Diamondback treadmills is the FreeMix 5.0 sound system. Room is provided for your mobile device, and you can amplify the audio with the treadmill’s stereo speakers.
Full price for the 510T Treadmill is $799, and we’ve seen the factory-direct sale price drop to just $719. Members of the US military get an additional 10 percent discount.
What We Like:
- Easy to Hide: The Diamondback 510T is a folding treadmill that you can store beneath a bed. When folded it’s just 11 inches high. Most other folding treadmills we review are much larger.
- Small Footprint: Compared with most treadmills for walkers, this cardio trainer needs little floor space. It’s 5½ feet long and 2½ feet wide, or 66” L x 30” W.
- No Assembly Required: Diamondback treadmills arrive fully assembled! In contrast the typical home treadmill needs at least an hour for assembly, and many customers pay $100 or more to have the task done professionally. The 510T Treadmill is shipped in its folded position in a box measuring 66″ L x 30″ W x 11″ H.
- Motor: The 510T workout belt is powered by a light duty yet high quality motor. The motor isn’t meant for runners, but it’s a quiet and reliable partner for walkers. It supplies 2.0 HP and has a lifetime guarantee.
- Media Platform: The 510T has a speaker system that can connect with your tablet computer, smartphone or MP3 player.
- Warranty: This treadmill carries a competitive warranty package for its price class. The warranty includes lifetime coverage for the motor, five years for the frame, three years for parts and electronics, and one year of labor. Customers also get a 30-day return period.
Diamondback 510T Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||17" x 48"|
|Top Speed:||8 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||240 LBS|
- Small Workout Surface: Diamondback advertises the 510T as having an “oversized” track, but actually it has an “undersized” track compared with most treadmills we review. The leading home treadmills for walkers have track surfaces measuring at least 20” wide and 55” long… and the Diamondback 510T track surface is 17” wide x 48” long. This means that compared with exercising on other treadmills, you’ll need to stay more conscious of your feet to avoid a mis-step.
- Simple Deck: Cushioning for the 510T treadmill is nothing special. If you have especially sensitive knees, be sure to exercise with high quality shoes or else choose a treadmill with better shock absorption.
- Low Horsepower: With its 2.0 HP motor the 510T is limited to being a treadmill for walkers. It won’t perform well for runners. If you plan to jog or run, then a much better option is the Diamondback 910T, which has 4.0 CHP motor. The 910T sells for $899.
- No Incline: Most home treadmills we review have power incline, but with the 510T you can only walk flat. With power incline you could simulate uphill routes and increase your calorie burn without increasing your speed. Power incline is included on the Diamondback 910T.
For home workouts limited to walking, the Diamondback 510T Treadmill is one of the best deals under $800. It’s not easy to find a good value in this price class, but the 510T is an exception with its three-year parts warranty. It has the rare convenience of arriving completely assembled, and it has programming to let you “exercise on autopilot” and focus on entertainment as you train. Know that the 910T provides lots of upgrades, but for just $719 the 510T is a very good deal.