Epic is an economy-priced treadmill brand that’s produced by ICON Health & Fitness, a worldwide leader in the fitness equipment industry. Epic treadmills have gained popularity as savings have become even more important to consumers, and the Epic View 550 is especially popular.
What We Like
- Sale price: When sold at a discount for $1299, the Epic View 550 is a great value.
- Motors: The View 550’s 3.0 horsepower motor is worthy of a fitness club or other industrial setting. The treadmill can support users weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Special features: The View 550 stands out with audio ports, subwoofers, and 7″ color TVs. The built-in console fan is a nice feature too.
- Programs: 28 workout programs help keep treadmill owners motivated to exercise by targeting individualized goals related to weight loss, aerobic fitness, and performance training.
- Track: The 60” track is ideal for runners and tall walkers, and the patented ComfortStride system helps deflect shock from users’ joints.
- Motor warranty: Like all new Epic home treadmill models, the View 550 is sold with a strong 12-year motor warranty.
What We Don’t Like
- Parts and labor warranty: ICON’s 1-year warranty on parts besides the motor is a bit disappointing.
- Assembly required: Customers have reported that two people are needed to assemble the View 550 treadmill.
The Epic View 550 provides good value for the budget buyer. It has a durable motor, an advanced TV and audio, and a well-cushioned track. One concern is the short warranty on parts, but the motor warranty is decent for a low-cost home treadmill. A better warranty package might be available on ICON’s other treadmill brands, such as NordicTrack.