What We Like
- Sale price: When sold at a discount for $1299, the Epic View 550 is a great value.
- Motors: The View 550’s 3.0 horsepower motor is worthy of a fitness club or other industrial setting. The treadmill can support users weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Special features: The View 550 stands out with audio ports, subwoofers, and 7″ color TVs. The built-in console fan is a nice feature too.
- Programs: 28 workout programs help keep treadmill owners motivated to exercise by targeting individualized goals related to weight loss, aerobic fitness, and performance training.
- Track: The 60” track is ideal for runners and tall walkers, and the patented ComfortStride system helps deflect shock from users’ joints.
- Motor warranty: Like all new Epic home treadmill models, the View 550 is sold with a strong 12-year motor warranty.
What We Don’t Like
- Parts and labor warranty: ICON’s 1-year warranty on parts besides the motor is a bit disappointing.
- Assembly required: Customers have reported that two people are needed to assemble the View 550 treadmill.
The Epic View 550 provides good value for the budget buyer. It has a durable motor, an advanced TV and audio, and a well-cushioned track. One concern is the short warranty on parts, but the motor warranty is decent for a low-cost home treadmill. A better warranty package might be available on ICON’s other treadmill brands, such as NordicTrack.