What We Like
- Price: The FT94’s MSRP is just $599, and the manufacturer frequently offers discounts online.
- Motor: The FT94 treadmill has a 2.25 HP motor, which is a bit better than the standard for economy motors. Fuel Fitness stands behind its motors with a lifetime guarantee.
- Warranty: Fuel’s lifetime warranty on the motor and frame is exceptional for an economy brand.
- Audio: The FT94 comes with an audio jack for MP3 players.
- Portability: Fuel treadmills can easily be folded for storage.
- Stability: Many economy treadmill models feel shaky, but customers consistently report that Fuel treadmills are strong and sturdy.
What We Don’t Like
- Track size: The FT94’s track length of 55” does not provide sufficient space for taller joggers.
- Console and programs: Fuel treadmills come with five pre-set workouts and two customizable programs. While this is better than nothing, competitors offer much more variety. Furthermore, the console buttons are hard for runners in mid-stride to push.
- Noise: Fuel treadmills, like other economy models, are noticeably louder than high-end machines.
Fuel Fitness offers good value treadmills, but the motor and belt get better reviews than the console. Potential customers might want to try the FT94’s console to be sure it’s satisfactory.
The lifetime warranty is excellent and users can expect to receive good customer service.
This treadmill review is adequate for smaller exercisers who don’t need a long track length. It’s also best for people who are self-motivated and don’t require much entertainment on their treadmills. Some users might prefer treadmill brands that offer TVs and/or a more motivating selection of workout programs. For instance, some economy brands now have iFit workout card readers.