What We Like
- Price: The FT96’s MSRP is just $899 and the manufacturer frequently offers discounts online.
- Motor: The FT96 treadmill has a 2.5 HP motor, which is a bit better than the standard for economy motors. Fuel Fitness stands behind its motors with a lifetime guarantee.
- Track length: The 58” treadbelt is long enough for most runners.
- Handrail buttons: Users have the option of adjusting the treadmill’s speed by using handrail buttons instead of the main console.
- Warranty: Fuel’s lifetime warranty on the motor and frame is exceptional for an economy brand.
- Audio: The FT96 comes with an audio jack for MP3 players.
- Portability: Fuel treadmills can easily be folded for storage.
- Stability: Many economy treadmill models feel shaky, but customers consistently report that Fuel treadmills are strong and sturdy.
What We Don’t Like
- Console and programs: The FT96 comes with five pre-set workouts and two customizable programs. While this is better than nothing, competitors offer much more variety. Also, some users report that the console buttons are hard to push.
- Noise: Fuel treadmills, like many other economy models, do not have especially quiet motors or belts.
For this treadmill review, Fuel Fitness offers good value, and especially when it offers the FT96 on sale. The lifetime warranty is excellent and users can expect to receive good customer service. This treadmill is adequate for users who are reasonably self-motivated and don’t require much entertainment on their treadmills. However, other users might prefer treadmill brands that offer a more motivating selection of workout programs. Potential customers might also want to try the console to be sure it’s satisfactory.