Horizon Evolve SG
What We Like
- Portability: The Evolve can easily be folded for storage. Its folded dimensions are 10”x59”, and the machine can be stored upright or on its side. We voted it our best small treadmill.
- Stability: Customers report that the Horizon Evolve is remarkably solid for a portable treadmill.
What We Don’t Like
- Motors: The Evolve lacks enough power for serious athletes. Its 1.25 CHP motor is designed to support walking and light jogging. Its top speed is 6 mph.
- Track size: If you’re a taller person, then the Evolve’s 17″x45″ treadbelt will surely be disappointing.
- Programs: With just two built-in programs, this treadmill has little to offer in terms of motivation and entertainment.
- Warranty: The five-year motor warranty on the Horizon Evolve is a far cry from the lifetime warranty provided with the Horizon T103 and other budget treadmills.
The Horizon Evolve SG is substandard. It has an especially weak motor and a plain console. This model is only recommended to people who truly need a portable treadmill.
Since there is a small price difference between Horizon’s entry-level models and their top-of-the-line models, consumers are advised to purchase the best treadmill they can afford. For just $200 more, the Horizon T103 includes a variety of motivational workout programs, built-in speakers, and a great warranty.