This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You’re looking for a treadmill under $1,000
- You want to train with incline
- You need an easily foldable treadmill
- You want a machine with a competitive warranty
While Horizon’s new AT line of treadmills is geared towards the more serious runner, the brand’s GO Series—of which the Horizon T303 is the flagship—is considered to be targeted towards more casual use. Joggers, walkers, and entry-level runners will find the T303 treadmill delivers all of the basic features needed to build a new at-home fitness routine.
The T303 treadmill has all the hallmarks of Horizon’s much-loved fitness equipment. Its 3.0 CHP motor is quite powerful, not to mention steady and quiet, and comes with a lifetime warranty. Much like other models in the range, Horizon touts this motor as one of the best in the market for interval training, as it quicker to respond to speed changes than most of its competitors (especially those anywhere near its affordable retail price).
The speed goes up to 12 mph, while the incline upper limit is 12%. While its speed is fairly standard, its 12% incline is a few degrees off of the industry standard. Whether you’re a walker, jogger, or runner, adding incline to your routine helps ramp up that calorie burn. That said, those looking for a lower impact workout and those recovering from (or coping with) joint issues or injuries are unlikely to be using their treadmill at full incline anyway, so this shortcoming will be less relevant.
The biggest differentiation between this and the Horizon 7.0 AT is the layout of its console. While the AT’s console is very rudimentary, and clearly directed at users who will use the treadmill in conjunction with their smartphone or tablet, the console on the T303 treadmill has a handful of additional features as well as a larger LCD backlit display (still basic, mind you) that displays useful metrics from your workouts. Further to this, there are a couple more built-in programs available on the T303 treadmill than there are on the 7.0AT—an additional benefit for those who just want a basic home treadmill rather than one that requires syncing up with interactive training apps.
Like most other available treadmills from the brand, the Horizon T303 treadmill has an easy-folding feature, allowing owners to save space in their workout area when the treadmill isn’t in use.
One of the ways that Horizon is sweetening the deal lately is by offering 0% financing on its machines. Available in 6, 12, 18, and 24-month terms, financing the cost of your treadmill (without a nasty interest rate) can certainly soften the blow to the bank account as you’re building out your home gym.
The Horizon warranty is lifetime on frame and motor, 3 years on parts and one year on labor.
What We Like
- Simplicity: It seems lately that we are in an era where all fitness equipment is moving towards connectivity and streaming training services. It’s nice to see that Horizon is maintaining their ‘standalone’ treadmill offerings for those who just want to hop on and run/walk without having to log in and follow along with a trainer.
- Motor Power: The 3.0 CHP lets you run like the wind and allows for high intensity interval training and conditioning. The motor is also very quiet, so you can have an intense workout without disturbing the rest of your household.
- Deck Size: The deck size 20” x 60” is longer than the normal residential treadmill and will accommodate taller runners and those with longer gaits comfortably. However, you will have to accommodate for that extra area needed in your home gym.
- Deck Cushioning: Running is notoriously tough on your knees and joints. Horizon’s three-zone variable cushioning helps to alleviate the impact. It absorbs the shock on take-off and landing. Over time this makes a real difference in preventing excess wear and tear of your body, allowing you to be a runner longer.
- Speed Range (0-12 mph): This range is more than adequate to attain fitness goals of a beginner or a more advanced runner.
- Warranty: The warranty offers a decent coverage, lifetime on the frame and motor, three years on parts and electronics and one year on labor.
- Frame: A solid steel frame makes it a heavier, more durable machine able to stand up to constant, potentially heavy footfalls.
- Financing: The 0% financing offer makes it even easier to get your fitness routine rolling without denting the bank account.
Horizon T303 Treadmill (Folding) - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||75" L x 34" W x 58" H|
- Incline Specs: The one downfall of the machine given its price and other specifications is the fact that it only runs a 12% incline rather than 15%, which is pretty much the gold standard these days.
Even though it competes very closely with another Horizon treadmill, the T303 still has its place in the market. As previously noted, it’s well built in the areas that count (other than incline), and makes for a very compelling offering if you’re not in the market for interactive training or the other high-tech niceties that are being built into many of the other treadmills on the market these days. There are still two clear camps when it comes to treadmill shoppers—the ‘give me all of the latest and greatest and most advanced’ shopper, and the ‘I want something simple and reliable’ shopper. If you’re in the latter camp, then the Horizon T303 treadmill is worth considering. If you’re a more hardcore runner, the incline stat might be a dealbreaker; if so, we’d recommend browsing our list of best treadmills for runners.
Horizon T303 FAQs The Horizon T303 treadmill has a 20″ x 60″ running surface. The Horizon T303 treadmill deck is 0.7″ (18mm). The Horizon T303 weighs 194 lbs. The Horizon T303 is 75″ L x 34″ W x 58″ H. Folded, the Horizon T303 is 47″ L x 34″ W x 65″ H.
The Horizon T303 treadmill has a 20″ x 60″ running surface.
The Horizon T303 treadmill deck is 0.7″ (18mm).
The Horizon T303 weighs 194 lbs.
The Horizon T303 is 75″ L x 34″ W x 58″ H.
Folded, the Horizon T303 is 47″ L x 34″ W x 65″ H.