What We Like
- Price: Horizon treadmills are priced for shoppers with smaller budgets.
- Track Cushioning: The COMFORTselect air cell cushioning system lets each user find the right balance between shock absorption and support.
- Consoles: Horizon consoles are ergonomic and attractive. The T91 includes an orange backlit LCD display and a fan to help users train longer. A heartrate grip is also included.
- Stability: Customers report that Horizon treadmills are remarkably stable for low-cost workout machines.
- Warranties: Horizon Fitness offers a generous warranty package for a discount brand. The T91 is sold with a lifetime frame warranty, a twenty-year motor warranty, and a one-year warranty on parts and labor. Customers can also purchase extended warranties for $79 and up.
What We Don’t Like
- Motor: The T91 is sold with a 2.0 HP motor. Although an extensive warranty is included, the motor might not handle daily use by a serious trainer.
- Programs: With only 9 built-in workout programs, the Horizon T91 might not offer enough variation to keep all exercisers engaged.
- Track size: The T91’s 50”x20” treadbelt will feel far too short for many trainees.
The Horizon T91 might be a good buy for someone with a tight budget. However, the treadmill is not suitable for taller people and has relatively few workout programs. Since there is such a small price difference between Horizon’s entry-level models and Horizon’s top-of-the-line models, prospective buyers might consider buying a model that’s more advanced than the T91. You might not appreciate some of the sacrifices Horizon made to lower the price of this machine.