Landice is offering $500 off all home equipment. Click anywhere on this box to get the deal.
The Landice L8 LTD Treadmill and it’s extra-large track represent one of the finest fitness machines on this review site. Year after year, the L8 LTD or “L8 Limited” earns our highest possible review score and ‘Best Buy’ award in the light commercial treadmill category. It boasts the industry’s best warranty package and also happens to be made in the USA. Sized to fit virtually anyone and quite well appointed, the Landice L8 LTD is the platonic ideal for light commercial treadmill shoppers.
Landice sells two treadmills for light commercial settings: the L7 LTD and L8 LTD. The two models are very similar but the L8 LTD Treadmill is distinguished by an oversized workout area. The 22″ wide x 63″ long track surface is the biggest workout space you’ll likely find during a treadmill hunt. The dimensions ensure that even the largest trainee has ample elbow room and can take their longest running strides. The track’s default cushioning is excellent as well, about five times softer than a grassy path. Other key specs for the new Landice are a maintenance-free tread belt, a 4.0 HP belt motor, and a 15% power incline.
Each Landice cardio trainer is sold with a choice of four console. Each of these is equipped with different display screens (traditional or touch screen) and workout programming. Whichever console you choose, your Landice treadmill will include amenities such as a bottle holder, workout fan, and USB port.
Any Landice cardio trainer can be further enhanced with a tablet computer bracket and/or the 19″ Landice Vision System (a high-def TV) for live and on-demand programming. Other custom options are noted below.
What We Like:
- Track Size: The Landice L8 LTD provides a generous 22″ x 63″ running area. Very few treadmills provide that much workout space. The spacious workout surface is long enough for the tallest athlete’s stride and wide enough to accommodate any trainee with extra girth.
- Power Incline: The track can tilt up to 15% to support incline training. Landice treadmills also have incline buttons on the handlebars, not just on their control panels.
- Cushioning: Buyers get two impressive choices for deck cushioning. The default is called VFX Shock Absorption, which is five times more shock absorbent than grass. With this degree of shock deflection, trainees will feel noticeably more comfortable and enjoy higher endurance levels. Landice also offers orthopedic cushioning that makes the deck roughly seven times more impact absorbent than a grassy path.
- Motor: The Landice L8 LTD houses a 4.0 HP continuous duty motor. The quiet motor supports smooth motion from 0.5 to 12 mph.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth can be used to connect with iTunes and two workout apps. The first app, Landice Runkeeper, tracks and stores workout data. The second app is RunSocial. This popular third-party app supports “mixed reality” training with virtual outdoor exercise. RunSocial lets a treadmill user virtually move across scenic landscapes, either alone or accompanied by the avatars of other RunSocial users traveling the same path. Bluetooth is included on the Executive and Cardio panels.
- Control Panels: Four control panels are compatible with Landice treadmills. The simplest is called the Pro Trainer. It has a simple LCD window to show workout progress. The most advanced is the Executive treadmill control panel with a full-color touchscreen display. All four options display wireless heart rate data and at least nine other forms of workout data.
- The Executive Control Panel has a 9″ touchscreen with full color and graphics to help make workouts engaging. It features six fitness tests, six simulated climbs at famous landmarks, and a wide variety of other preset programs (including heart rate controlled workouts). The Executive treadmill control panel can save five user profiles and 10 user-designed programs. Bluetooth connectivity is included.
- The Cardio Control Panel has a robust collection of fitness tests and other preset workout programs. Overall, this control panel has fewer programs than the Landice Executive though, and it shows data in a traditional LCD window instead of a color touchscreen display. The title comes from two preset cardio programs are for heart rate control. The Cardio Control Panel can save two user profiles, each with five user-designed programs. Bluetooth connectivity is included.
- The Pro Sports Control Panel has an LCD window that displays five preset workout programs based on time, speed and elevation. Five custom-made workouts can be saved to the console, but this control panel does not save multiple user profiles.
- The Pro Trainer Control Panel is the default Landice treadmill control panel. It provides quick access to five preset workout programs and two customizable routines. While the menu is limited compared with the other options, the Pro Trainer offers something for every treadmill workout objective (weight loss, cardio endurance, speed, etc).
- Optional Tech: This high-end treadmill can be upgraded with a tablet computer bracket, letting users access mobile apps to bring added fitness and entertainment options to their workouts. For gyms choosing to indulge, Landice can also deliver the L8 LTD with a 19″ treadmill TV.
- Safety Features: Landice treadmills have emergency stop buttons and lanyard stop systems. These fitness machines are also available with medical rails for added safety and stability.
- High Capacity: This light commercial treadmill has a 500-pound user weight capacity, easily exceeding the commercial standard of 400 pounds.
- Excellent Warranty: Landice treadmill parts warranties lead the industry. This unit has all parts protected for five years, plus labor is free for a year. The warranty is only valid if the machine is used five hours per day or less.
Landice L8 LTD Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 63"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||500 LBS|
|Dimensions:||85" L x 35" W x 61" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Depends on console|
- Size: The Landice L8 LTD Treadmill requires quite a bit of floor space due to the oversized track. The machine’s footprint measures 35″ wide x 83″ long x 61″ high. For comparison the L7 LTD measures 35″ wide and just 76″ long and 58″ high.
Landice treadmills have excellent basics and enticing extras. As the top-of-the-line model from a leading brand, the new Landice L8 LTD is an obvious recommendation for light commercial fitness settings. It’s low maintenance for gym managers and appeals to just about any trainee. It’s far too large and expensive for most home gyms, but fits into light commercial settings perfectly.