Specs include a 4.0 HP continuous duty motor, a zero to 15% power incline, and speed settings from 0.5 to 12 mph. The default track cushioning has been tested as five times more absorbent than grass – excellent for runners – and orthopedic cushioning is available for a $300 surcharge.
The Landice L8 features a High Tech Entertainment Center. This provides all the amenities associated with a health club treadmill: a port and grip for a mobile device, stereo speakers, a reading rack, a fan and a bottle holder. A tablet computer bracket, TV, or TV mount can be added for an extra charge.
For workout programming you can choose from four control panels. As described below, the premium control center has a 9-inch color screen. The others have traditional LCD windows. You can add a treadmill TV and tablet computer bracket at checkout. Already included for on-board entertainment
What We Like:
- Powerful Motor: The new L8 has a US-made 4.0 HP continuous duty drive motor. The motor supports sprints up to 12 mph and has a lifetime warranty.
- Track for Runners: The Landice L8 Treadmill has a 22″ x 63″ running surface. That’s extra-wide and extra-long compared with club standards. The tread belt is maintenance-free and is four-ply for longevity. (Cheaper treadmills have one-ply or two-ply belts.) Additionally the track moves along premium rollers for quiet operation and durability.
- Deck Cushioning: The L8 is sold with a choice of two high-end cushioning systems. The default is VFX Shock Absorption. VFX is about five times softer than grass and very comfortable for most runners. The upgrade is orthopedic suspension, which has about seven times the shock absorption of grassy paths.
- Power Incline: With electric controls the workout surface can incline to a maximum of 15 percent. Benefits of incline training are more challenging cardio workouts, faster calorie burn, and better muscle tone.
- Console Selection: The choice of four control panels includes basic and deluxe options. Get a full-color screen or a standard LCD window… Get lots of workout programs or stay streamlined with seven. Note that each version of the new L8 for 2017 has a USB port, speakers, a fan, a bottle holder and two forms of heart rate monitoring (wireless and contact).
- Executive Control Panel – The top-tier Landice control panel, the Executive has a high-res 9” color screen to make workout programs more engaging. The preset workout variety is excellent. Some examples of Executive program categories are Fitness Test (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Balke, and Firefighter); Landmark Climbing (Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument, Seattle Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building and Freedom Tower); and heart rate control. Five users can save profiles and five customized routines each. This control panel shows more workout statistics compared with the others, though they give plenty of feedback too. The executive trainer stats are Time, Heart Rate, Distance, Calories, Calories/HR, METs, Incline, Speed, Pace, Lap Time, Laps, Clock, Zone Time, Average Pulse, Pulse, Altitude, and Climb Rates.
- Cardio Control Panel – The Cardio console is a step below the Executive console. It has a traditional LCD window instead of a high-res color screen. It’s a good choice for people who will take advantage of heart rate control programs, as the Cardio has two preset heart rate workouts and can save two user-defined heart rate workouts. Additionally this control panel can deliver traditional treadmill workouts and has three fitness tests. Two users can save profiles with five self-designed routines..
- Pro Sports Control Panel – The Pro Sports console is a step up from the default Landice control panel. Its LCD window can show your progress through five preset workout programs and five custom-made workouts. The preset workouts can be adjusted for time, speed and elevation. The Pro Sports control panel does not save multiple user profiles.
- Pro Trainer Control Panel – The most affordable Landice treadmill console holds five preset programs and can save two user-made routines. It gives a constant readout for speed and incline, plus it can show time, distance, calories, calories/hr, laps, pace, METs and pulse. This control panel has an LCD window. It does not support multiple user profiles.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: All versions of the L8 for 2017 have wireless heart rate receivers. Another option is to use hand grip pulse sensors located in front of the console.
- Extra Features: This high-end cardio trainer has amenities such as a fan, bottle holder, USB port and speakers. Optional features are a 19″ treadmill TV, a tablet computer bracket, medical rails and orthopedic cushioning.
- Treadmill TV: The optional 19” TV is high definition. You can access cable programming or add an Amazon Fire Stick or Roku Stick for on-demand entertainment.
- Tablet Computer Bracket: A tablet bracket makes it easy to keep your favorite apps handy, plus here you can watch video if you don’t have a TV in the room. Of course this media ledge could also support a magazine.
- Safety Features: An emergency stop button is within easy reach as you train. In case you slip, a safety lanyard can stop the machine. You can also add hospital-grade safety rails.
- High Capacity: The L8 has a 500-pound user weight capacity. The standard for health club treadmills is 400 pounds.
- Excellent Warranty: Landice is the only treadmill manufacturer to give lifetime warranties for home treadmill frames, parts and motors. Additionally in-home labor is free for a year if you live within 60 miles of your dealer’s store.
Landice L8 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 63"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||500 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 35" W x 61" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Depends on console|
- Size: With its extra-large track and non-folding frame, this cardio trainer requires a lot of floor space. Its footprint measures 35″ W x 83″ L x 61″ H.
- Price: The L8 delivers excellent long-term value – it can last a lifetime – but is priced too high for many shoppers.
The Landice L8 Treadmill is among one of the best home treadmills for runners. With a large track, comfortable cushioning and plenty of customization options, this durable fitness machine easily earns 4.5 stars. The cost for this machine is our major drawback. For most residential shoppers it could be a deal breaker. We have heard from many people looking for a treadmill that is price point is well out of their budget.
The Landice L8 Treadmill is on sale right now.