Landice L870 Cardio Trainer Home Review
This model, like the smaller L770, is available with four console options. The Cardio Trainer console reviewed here features a two-color display and heart rate control workout programs.
What We Like
- Cardio Console – The console can save data for two trainees and includes the following workout options: five preset workouts with variable time, speed, and elevation; five user-defined programs; time, distance, and calorie goal programs; three fitness tests (Balke, Firefighter, and Army); two preset heart rate monitoring workouts; and two user-defined heart rate workouts. Wireless and contact heart-rate monitoring systems are included too.
- High Quality Treadbelt – The Landice L870 Cardio Trainer Treadmill has a spacious 22”x63” running surface to accommodate virtually any trainee. Its belt is made to endure: with four layers and large rollers, it can endure thousands more hours of use than can a single-ply or two-ply belt with small rollers. Furthermore, the L870’s belt is maintenance-free.
- Incline – The track can incline 15% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 4.0 CHP drive motor. The motor supports a high speed of 12 mph and can operate at top speed (5 HP) for 15 minutes without overheating. The L870 also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Pocket – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L870 Cardio Trainer Treadmill has a 500-pound user capacity. It weighs 355 pounds and measures 35” wide by 83” long.
- Excellent Warranty – Residential owners of this commercial-quality cardio trainer get a lifetime warranty on the entire machine plus a year of labor. That’s an industry-leading warranty package. Furthermore, the warranty can be transferred to another owner if certain conditions are met.
The Landice L870 Cardio Trainer is a luxury option for people especially interested in having heart rate control workouts. The Cardio console features a good variety of standard workouts and fitness tests too.
Compared with the outstanding L770 Cardio Trainer, this machine can accommodate a higher user weight and has a larger running area – but these upgrades aren’t necessary for most home users. Most customers judge the L770 to be a more appropriately-sized option and a better value.