Landice L870 LTD Pro Trainer Review
The L870 treadmill body is available with four console options. The simplest console is the Pro Trainer home treadmill review below. It has preset programming but does not include a heart rate monitoring system. Other console options include the Executive Trainer, Sports Trainer, and Cardio Trainer.
What We Like
- Simple Console – The Pro Trainer is the simplest console made for the L870. It features an easy-to-use, high-definition, two-color display and can show workout data in English and metric units. Five preset workouts are included and there’s space to save two user-designed workouts. The next step up, the Pro Sports console, adds wireless heart rate monitoring.
- High Quality Treadbelt – The Landice L870 Treadmill has a spacious 22”x63” treadbelt to accommodate virtually any runner. Its belt is made to endure: with four layers and large rollers, it can endure thousands more hours of use than can a single-ply or two-ply belt with small rollers. Furthermore, the L870’s belt is maintenance-free.
- Incline – The track can incline 15% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 3.0 CHP drive motor. The motor supports a high speed of 11 mph and can operate at top speed (4 HP) for 15 minutes without overheating. The L870 also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Grip – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L870 Pro Trainer Treadmill has a 500-pound user capacity.
- Excellent Warranty – This cardio trainer is sold with five years of protection on the frame, motor, and parts. Labor is free during the first year of ownership. The warranty is valid only when the machine is used for less than five hours per day.
What We Don’t Like
Landice treadmills get few complaints. However, some customers might prefer a treadmill that’s smaller than the L870 LTD. It weighs 415 pounds and measures 32” wide by 82” long.
The L870 LTD is a smooth-running powerhouse for light commercial settings and private homes. Compared with the L770 LTD, it has a higher weight capacity and a larger running area – but these upgrades aren’t necessary for most users. Some customers would be better off buying a cheaper L770 Home Treadmill, which carries a residential warranty only, and topping it with a more advanced Landice console.