What We Like
- Portability: LifeSpan’s TR200 folds to 11” for easy storage.
- Sound system: LifeSpan beats other portable models by including an audio jack and headphone option.
- Heart rate sensors: Sensors built into the handrails lead to a digital readout on the consoles.
- Incline: Unlike some other small treadmills, the TR200 has an automatic incline control and ten incline options.
- No assembly required: The portable TR200 arrives ready to unfold and use immediately.
What We Don’t Like
- Programs: With just six built-in workout programs (three for speed and three for incline training), the TR200 has far fewer options than most treadmills but stands up to the competition in its own class.
- Track length: The 48”x17” exercise area is too short for taller runners.
- Motor: The 1.5 HP motor is relatively weak, and it has only a 5-year warranty.
- Upper limits: The treadmill’s top speed is only 8 mph and its weight capacity is just 250 pounds.
- Warranty: LifeSpan’s five-year motor warranty and one-year parts warranty are less impressive than what other discount brands offer.
The TR200 isn’t bad for a portable treadmill. It offers more workout programs than some other compact models, and it also has a sound system to help make exercise more interesting. Still, this treadmill should only be selected if portability is a must. Other treadmills in this price range offer more stability and better features.