State-of-the-art and intuitive, LifeSpan’s series of electric folding treadmills provides the user distinctive convenience options with an advanced electric folding frame design, along with unique performance features like advanced impact absorption compression shocks.
The TR3000e, offered for $1,199, is the top treadmill in this series. With speed options up to 12 mph and an incline capability of up to 15%, this treadmill is ideal for everything from sprinting to incline training, or basic walking. And while this treadmill does lack in an attractive display screen, basics of the console are present along with a membership to your very own LifeSpan Club account for an innovative, smart way to record, store and sync workout data using your favorite devices or the built-in USB data port.
What We Like:
- Comfortable Console Features: While the display screen is nothing to write home about, this console does feature the basic offerings along with a few other convenient options. Basic features include a very comfortable three setting cooling fan, tablet reading rack, and two oversized cup holders on either side of the control keys. Other conveniences include the grip controls allowing users to easily and safely change the incline and speed, along with both standard keys and the 5 Quickset™ buttons to be able to make speed or incline changes with the simple push of a button.
- Impact Absorbing Compression Shocks: LifeSpan Fitness includes a superior suspension system with impact absorbing compression shocks to reduce impact on the joints when running or walking. This system uses 8 independent compression shocks that will work to relieve stress on knees, ankles and lower back with every stride.
- Folding Frame: With the touch of a button, this frame folds up to 29 inches long by 66 inches tall, completely electronically with the simple press of a button, and with no lifting required. This technologically advanced power lift system makes this treadmill very easy to store and use in smaller spaces.
- Built-in USB Data Port and Free Apps: To easily store and record data to the LifeSpan Club account (membership included), there is a built-in USB data port to collect all of your workout data. However, the actual USB drive is not included. Users can also download the free Active Trac™ or Train and Train™ apps that support Apple or Android devices. These apps wirelessly turn your device into part of the console where users can store and sync workout results right to the device via the free app.
- Intelli-Step™: This is a unique feature that few treadmills offer; this model automatically counts every step you take, working as a built-in pedometer. This data can be easily stored to your Club account using the USB data port or free downloadable app.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Using the MyZone heart rate control program, this treadmill will automatically adjust the incline and speed so that you can keep your heart rate at a constant level throughout your workout, ensuring that you stay in the appropriate heart rate zone to achieve your desired results. And while the wireless chest strap receiver is not included, the console is equipped with a chest strap receiver and contact heart rate sensors to record and store data to the USB data port.
- Warranty: Few brands will offer a lifetime warranty on both the frame and the motor, but LifeSpan does. This model also comes with a warranty guaranteeing 5 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
LifeSpan TR3000e Electric Folding Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 56"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70.25" L x 33" W x 55" H|
- Audio Center: The console is designed with an audio jack to plug in your favorite device, but there are no built-in speakers, so you do have to either use your own headphones or play music straight from your device.
- Running Area: The average length of a treadmill deck is somewhere around 60 inches. The TR3000e features a running area of 20 inches wide by 56 inches long, which is both shorter and narrower than many other models. This can be problematic for taller people, or even a safety feature while running.
- Price: While $1,499 isn’t a bad price point for a treadmill with these offerings, you can save $200 and go with the entry level TR2000e model without compromising too many options.
See Our Video Review of the LifeSpan TR3000e
There are few differences between the entry level TR2000e Treadmill and this TR3000e Treadmill. Our verdict is to save the extra $200 and go with the more inexpensive TR2000e. Differences include a slightly less powerful motor (the TR2000e features a 2.5 HP, versus a 2.75 HP motor), and a few more console features. The design is pretty much the same and the running area is actually smaller than the TR2000e model. So, while the TR3000e is a well-built mid-grade trainer with impressive convenience features, the TR2000e is a better buy when you consider price to features ration.