Leading an impressive line of foldable home treadmills, the LifeSpan TR4000i Folding Treadmill is high quality, feature packed, and surprisingly affordable. LifeSpan treadmills in general (foldable or non-foldable) are respected for their durable components, impressive biomechanics, and generous programming options. The steel-framed LifeSpan TR4000i Treadmill outperforms its series’ other folding treadmills thanks to an extra-thick 60″ track and 3.25 HP motor. It also has a reversible deck to provide twice the longevity of other LifeSpan folding treadmills. For training support, the LifeSpan TR4000i features 19 preset workouts and two heart rate control workouts, plus it can be used in manual mode. It’s smartphone compatible, syncs with fitness apps, has a tablet computer holder, and can charge mobile devices. Sale priced at just $1,299, it’s easily a best folding treadmill in its price class (and with its five-year standard parts warranty plus two years of labor, it’s a good deal at the full price of $1,999 too).
What We Like:
- Program Variety: The LifeSpan TR4000i Folding Treadmill has 21 workout menu items. These are grouped into fitness goal categories including weight loss, cardio fitness (interval and constant heart rate control), sports training, and healthy living. Workout feedback is shown on a 6″ LCD, which includes Time, Calories, Distance, Heart Rate, Steps, Speed, Pace (time to complete one mile), Incline, and Elevation Gained. Exercise data can be transferred wirelessly to popular fitness apps and/or saved to a thumb drive for charting at the LifeSpan Fitness Club website.
- Intensity Options: Preset workouts can be used at three challenge levels as well as with differing inclines.
- Optional Bluetooth: A Bluetooth receiver is sold separately for $29.99. This add-on lets you automate data sharing after each treadmill session. The treadmill can sync with MyFitnessPal, Up by Jawbone, and countless other fitness apps.
- Audio: Bring your MP3 player along to help time fly by. The TR4000i has a smartphone compatible jack and sound system.
- Tablet Holder: Dock your tablet or smartphone on the console for easy viewing during workouts.
- Device Charger: A USB port on this treadmill can charge mobile devices during your workouts.
- Motorized Incline: A motorized ramp supports 15 angles of incline training. The steeper the incline, the more dramatically you’ll increase calorie burn and muscle definition.
- Excellent Track: An extra-thick two-ply track is designed for longevity and to provide extra cushioning. It’s supported by eight shock absorbers to minimize the jarring impact of running. At 60″ this belt is the longest of any on LifeSpan folding treadmills (the others are 56″ long). It lets runners of almost any height take full strides without feeling restricted.
- Strong Build: This treadmill has a steel frame and aluminum handlebars. Unlike cheap folding treadmills that weigh less than most users, the TR4000i weighs a sturdy 226 pounds.
- Powerful Motor: The TR4000i Treadmill’s quiet 3.25 CHP motor has a lifetime warranty.
- High Speed: Speed settings range from 0.5 to 12 mph.
- High Weight Capacity: The user weight limit is 350 pounds.
- Shock Absorption: The deck has eight compression shock absorbers to minimize your risk of exercise-related injury.
- Foldable: This treadmill uses hydraulic shock for easy folding. It only needs 42″ x 33″ of floor space when made compact. Unfolded it measures 74″ L x 33″ W. The step-on height is 8″.
- Safety Certifications: The TR4000i has EN957 and UL Certified safety certifications.
- Safety: One safety feature on this treadmill is called IntelliGuard. IntelliGuard pauses the track after 20 seconds if you step away, helping to keep kids and pets safe.
- Good Warranty Package: Customers get lifetime protection on the frame and motor, a five-year parts warranty and two years of labor. Extended warranties are available as well.
LifeSpan TR4000i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||74.25" L x 33" W x 55" H|
- Size: This treadmill can fold to take up little space between workouts. When in use, it has a 74.5″ x 32″ footprint.
See Our Video Review of the LifeSpan TR4000i Treadmill
The foldable TR4000i LifeSpan Folding Treadmill should more than satisfy any walker or avid runner. The track is roomy and shock absorbent, workout support is plentiful, and the power incline helps sculpt muscles while fat melts away. On-board entertainment from your smartphone or tablet computer adds further motivation to make treadmill training a habit. This model is the brand’s best folding treadmill and a good value at either its online sale price or even full price.