This model shines in its sturdy construction, from the durable workspace surface mounted on a steel frame, to the 1″ reversible commercial-grade deck and 2.5mm thick belt. Unlike residential models, this model can be used in the workplace for multiple hours in a day. LifeSpan has even equipped this model with 6 independent compression shocks and a heavy-duty 3.0 HP motor for top comfort and durability.
The console area is fairly basic, but does include a digital LED display and easy access keys. As with other LifeSpan models, this treadmill also comes with a free membership to the Club, which works with your device to track and sync workout data and statistics using Bluetooth or one of the free LifeSpan apps.
Retailing for $2,999, you’ll also get a lifetime of coverage on the frame, 3 years on the motor, 2 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- Price: This model retails for just $2,999, which is a great price for a treadmill desk that can be used in a workspace setting or residential setting.
- Free Club Membership: Use this free membership to track, record and store/sync data to your device and/or online Club portal using the Bluetooth or download one of the free apps to use your device as part of the console. This membership also allows users access to advanced tracking options and additional workout programs.
- Safety Features: This model features a safety key that must be inserted when in operation. In addition, the Intelli-Guard(TM) feature will automatically shut off the treadmill 20 seconds after stepping off of the deck. The low step-on height of 6 inches and padded arm rests also make this treadmill both comfortable and safe to use.
- Max Weight Capacity: The DT7 model supports weights up to 400 pounds, which means this model is also equipped with a powerful and reliable motor.
- Adjustable Workspace: Electronically adjustable, users can adjust the workspace to heights varying from 36 inches to 52 inches, supporting heights up to 6’8″. There’s also the option to save two pre-set heights.
- Sturdy Workspace: Made of 1″ thick composite board, this laminate surface is durable and sturdy. This workspace, which is mounted on a rigid steel frame, is also very spacious and roomy.
- Intelli-Step(TM): This feature works like a built-in pedometer, automatically counting each step the user takes and then storing that data
- Warranty: LifeSpan offers lifetime coverage on the frame, 3 years on the motor, 2 year on parts and 1 year on labor.
LifeSpan TR5000-DT7 Treadmill Desk - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 50"|
|Top Speed:||4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70.5" L x 46.75" W x 52" H|
- Running Area: While most treadmill desks don’t have the roomiest running area, a 20″ x 50″ is pretty short and narrow which can be a problem for taller people.
- Speed Controls: There are some treadmill desks that go up to 10 mph. While the average is closer to 4 or 5 mph, we would like to see more speed options on a model at this price point. This model offers users options that range from .4 to 4 mph.
See Our Video Review of the LifeSpan TR5000-DT7 Treadmill Desk
If you are going to be using a treadmill desk for more than 3-5 hours in a day, this model is ideal. It’s a top model in the series and offers unique, innovative comfort and safety features and also allows users to electronically adjust the desk height as needed. This model is durable and of sturdy construction and is also equipped with a powerful 3.0 HP motor. Bottom line: if you are willing to spend a little extra money, you won’t be disappointed with the TR5000-DT7, but if you want to save a little money, the TR1200-DT5 (which is a Best Buy Pick) and TR800-DT7 are the mid and entry level models in the series are also great deals but you will compromise on the strength of the motor and size of the running area.