What We Like:
- Fantastic workout variety: LiveStrong’s Passport media is a big selling point. The Passport connects with a TV screen to display video of two trails, one in the American Southwest and one in Northern Italy. The video moves in time with your speed and ambient sound is included. Besides that, twenty-four workouts are loaded onto the Pro 2 — and Livetrack Interactive lets you download additional workouts and add them with a USB stick. The workouts already included are: Manual, Peak Intervals, Speed Intervals, Weight Loss, Rolling Hills, Foot Hills, Mountain Climb, 5k, 10k, Pacer, THR Zone, HR Intervals, Austin and Spring Classic. There’s also room to save a custom program.
- Track: Running strides are supported by a roomy 60”x20” deck and LiveStrong’s patented RunnerSoft cushioning. The track is self-lubricated for your convenience and moves over wide rollers to promote longevity.
- Incline: Speed up your rate of calorie burn and muscle toning by using the Pro 2’s automatic incline. The track tilts up to 15%.
- Heart rate monitors: Serious trainees prefer wireless heart rate monitors, which are most accurate. This treadmill includes a Polar wireless receiver but the chest strap is sold separately. Contact grips are provided as backup.
- Heavy-duty motor: The LS Pro2 boasts a 3.25 CHP motor. It’s quiet, extremely capable, and backed by a lifetime guarantee.
- Firm frame: This treadmill’s frame is plastic-free. It’s cast from aluminum and has a lifetime warranty. The dimensions are 79″ L x 37″ W x 59″ H.
- Warranty package: This product includes LiveStrong’s standard generous warranty: lifetime coverage for the motor and frame, five years of coverage for other parts, and free labor during the first two years of ownership. Extended service contracts are available.
What We Don’t Like:
Based on the advertising – “designed to last a lifetime” – we were expecting to see an extra-long warranty on parts. This model just has the standard LiveStrong treadmill warranty, which admittedly isn’t much cause for complaint.
Could this treadmill truly last you a lifetime? Perhaps a few dogs’ lifetimes. Only the motor and frame are officially covered until you’re through, but we fully expect this treadmill to outlast its warranty.
We highly recommend the LSPro 2. The frame is heavy metal, the motor is known to endure, and steps have been taken to ensure a long treadbelt life. The Passport media feature helps make this model a complete package.
The LiveStrong LSPro 2 treadmill is durable and features some of the fitness industry’s latest interactive technology. The MSRP is rather high, but the sale price of $1599 offers the chance to get a true value. Go for it!