LiveStrong T1x Treadmill
Tip: A comparable residential model is the LiveStrong13.0T. A more expensive commercial model is the LiveStrong T1xe. It features the same components as the T1x but has an advanced console with an LCD television screen.
What We Like
- Exercise programs: Like most commercial treadmills, the T1x model has few programs when compared with residential treadmills. However, its six program modes offer enough variety for most gym members. Programs include Manual, Target Heart Rate, Fat Burn, 5K, Rolling Hills, and the challenging Gerkin Protocol. The Gerkin Protocol program is based on tests used with firefighters. It targets cardiopulmonary health.
- Motor: The 3.0 HP motor has a five-year commercial warranty for light commercial use. It can support a top speed of 12 mph and a user weight of up to 350 pounds.
- Incline: The T1x treadmill track inclines up to 15%. This helps trainees target different muscle groups and burn calories even more quickly than when exercising on a flat track.
- Comfortable cushioning:The Ultimate Deck Cushioning System automatically adjusts to provide each trainee with excellent joint protection. The cushioning is guaranteed for 25,000 miles.
- Console: LiveStrong consoles are easy to use. The T1x has an alphanumeric LED display. It provides continuous feedback about speed, incline, time, distance, calories burned and other exercise data.
- Heart rate monitoring: Trainees can use contact heart rate sensors or the wireless system. Heart rate can be displayed throughout a workout.
- Wheels: Unlike other large treadmills, this unit includes wheels to make relocation easier.
- Warranty: The T1x comes with a 5-year warranty on the frame, a 3-year warranty on the motor and other parts, and three years of labor. Note: The warranty is only valid when the treadmill has been used for six hours per day or less.
- Charity: A portion of proceeds from LiveStrong treadmills benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation. This charity assists cancer patients and funds cancer research.
What We Don’t Like
- Lack of entertainment: More and more gym-goers are expecting treadmills to have iPod hookups or TVs. The T1x includes neither. LiveStrong’s T1xe, which costs about $1000 more, has a 7” TV screen.
- NEMA outlet: This unit uses a NEMA 5-20R 120v outlet and plug. You might need to have a NEMA outlet installed.
- Light warranty: The warranty package is only valid for light commercial use (six hours or less per day)
The LiveStrong T1x treadmill is bound to be popular gear in any hotel fitness room, apartment complex gym, or office workout room. Some favorite features include a 15% incline, a long track and six challenging workout modes.
The T1x is competitively priced. If you’re tired of shopping, go with this treadmill! If you prefer to shop around, remember that Landice commercial treadmills are sometimes available for less. Landice treadmills have excellent console options. Also, Startrac’s commercial S-TRx is popular for its iPod hookup, TV wiring and 5.0 HP motor.