NordicTrack C 600 (Folding)
Highlights of the NordicTrack C 600 Treadmill include SpaceSaver technology, a motorized 10% incline and FlexSelect cushioning. This cushioning can be turned off to replicate the sensation of running on an outdoor track, or turned on to deflect the typical shock of running by up to 30%.
We wouldn’t necessarily call the C 600 a great value: It depends on what you pay. Our main concern is the short parts warranty. The C 700 – which has a longer warranty and iFit – may be available for less!
What We Like:
- Ample Programming: The C 600 treadmill is loaded with 24 workout applications designed by a certified personal trainer. Work on speed, endurance or weight loss goals with just the right level of challenge.
- Console Screen: The 6” backlit LED is designed for easy reading at any angle. It’s smaller than the 7” and 10” screens on other NordicTrack treadmills for 2014, but it’s far better than what you’ll find on other discount treadmills. The screen clearly displays speed, time, distance, calories and pulse. A racetrack graphic shows your progress in quarter-mile laps; watch your avatar make progress!
- Heart Rate Monitor: Grip heart rate sensors are built into the C 600 treadmill handlebars. (Wireless monitoring is more accurate, but some cardio guidance is better than none.)
- Audio Entertainment: The C 600 has an InterMix Acoustics 2.0 sound system and a port for your iPod or other MP3 player.
- Adjustable Track: This track’s cushioning can be made firm like the road or cushioned to reduce impact. It’s 55” long and 20” wide, which makes it just right for power walking and jogging. If you run though, you might need more room.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 10% to help you get better tone and burn calories more quickly.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.6 HP DurX motor is designed to run quietly while supporting long workouts. It’s sold with a lifetime warranty.
- High Capacity: Although it folds, this treadmill is sturdy. It officially has a 325 pound capacity.
- SpaceSaver: The NordicTrack C 600 can be folded vertically for storage. Shock-assist technology makes it easy to move the machine.
NordicTrack C 600 (Folding) - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" X 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||73" L x 35.75" W x 67.5" H|
Short Warranty: You’ll get lifetime warranties on the motor and frame, but the parts warranty is only for one year. If you spend $1200 on this machine, that’s not a good deal in the scenario of a breakdown on day 366. If you spend around $650 though, then you only paid about $2/day for a year of great workouts. Labor is included for the first year.
If you find a very low price, and you prefer walking to running, then we do recommend investing in your health with the NordicTrack C 600. The built-in workouts are engaging and very effective, especially when you take advantage of the treadmill incline.
If you can afford to spend more, then check out the C 700, C 900 or more advanced NordicTracks. You’ll get the popular iFit technology, a longer track, a longer warranty and other noticeable upgrades.