NordicTrack C 700 Review
I Recommend This Treadmill For You If:
- You’re looking for a budget-friendly, walking treadmill
- You have your own tablet or other screen for interactive programming
- You value dual CardioGrip Heart Rate Monitors
Whether training to lose weight or simply to maintain fitness, the NordicTrack C 700 treadmill brings an enviable package for the price. As a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter, I can see the value this relatively inexpensive tool could bring to cutting fat while preparing for a show. A smaller unit with fewer features though, it’s better suited for walkers and joggers than distance runners.
Like the rest of the NordicTrack family of cardio machines, the C 700 comes iFit-enabled with a built-in tablet holder for interactive programming. No, this model doesn’t come with a giant screen like some of its competitors, and that’s why the price is significantly lower. That said, the big benefit to a home treadmill is one can always park it in front of a smart television. This also alleviates the downside of having a screen which only works with one specific app.
In addition to the iFit program which allows remote trainers to control the speed and incline of the machine during live sessions, this machine comes with 20 preloaded workout programs which can also automatically adjust the treadmill’s settings. For those such as myself who have a tough time motivating themselves to do cardio, this is a big help. The machine or trainer will keep you moving and push harder than you might of your own volition.
Built with a 2.75 CPH motor, dual CardioGrip Heart Rate Monitors, a 10mph maximum speed, and 10% incline, the C 700 is a great little unit. A primary point to note of course is this size, with a tread belt measuring only 20” x 55” as opposed to the more standard 22” x 60”. The shorter belt means long strides aren’t really pragmatic, but with a 300-pound weight max though, users could strap on a weighted vest and really earn the burn with power walking. I’ve used a 45-pound weighted vest for walking and hiking for years and the difference in calories burned is noticeable when cutting weight for a contest.
It’s important to keep in mind that this machine is better suited to walkers than runners. If you’re looking for more spacious tracks that have been designed for running, check out our other machines we feel are the Best Treadmills for Runners in 2021.
What I Like:
- Workout Variety: The NordicTrack C 700 comes with 20 preloaded workouts, all designed by certified personal trainers. These workouts automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline by up to 10% to target goals for calorie burn and endurance, as well as giving you the chance to mix up your workout. Trainees can also access unlimited personalized workout downloads with an iFit subscription by using their own tablet, smartphone, or parking the machine in front of a smart television. The advantage to not having a screen built onto the treadmill is you’re not locked into iFit. NordicTrack models that come with screens can be used without that app, but the screen itself is rendered void as it only works with one program. By using your own screen, any app one wants can be used. That said, iFit does offer standard workout downloads, immersive Google Street View workouts, hundreds of high-definition video workouts, virtual treadmill races, and other health and fitness benefits. You can read our guide to iFit for treadmills for more information.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 10% and can be controlled with the console buttons and by preset workouts. There’s a whole host of benefits you can get with incline training, from better muscle targeting and toning to faster calorie burn, as well as breaking the cycle of monotonous one-level training. Given that this is a shorter treadmill best for walking or jogging, the incline makes a big difference in increasing intensity.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Pulse heart rate sensors are built into the C 700 treadmill handlebars.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 700 treadmill includes a built-in set of 2? speakers and an aux music port, allowing you to plug in your smartphone or tablet so you can stream music or listen to podcasts as you work out.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.75 CHP motor is designed to support long power walks and jogs.
- Adjustable Cushioning: NordicTrack’s C 700 treadmill offers adjustable FlexSelect cushioning. You can choose to keep the cushioning on, which will reduce impact on your joints, or turn it off to feel like you are training on the road.
- AutoBreeze: The C 700’s AutoBreeze fan is a simple feature that can make a big difference to your workouts. When you speed up, so does the fan! You can also control the speed manually if the machine isn’t judging your workout intensity properly.
- SpaceSaver: The NordicTrack C 700 can easily be folded for storage and no heavy lifting is required as the EasyLift Assist design does most of the lifting for you.
- High Weight Capacity: Even though the treadmill is easily foldable, it can still hold up to 300 pounds.
- Warranty: Although NordicTrack’s warranties tend to be shorter than other brands on the market, the C 700 still provides a 10-year frame warranty, and a 1-year parts and labor warranty when purchased from Amazon which is a good deal for a model with its price tag.
NordicTrack C 700 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||73.5" L x 35.5" W x 60.4" H|
- Track: This treadmill has a 55″ track, which is too short for some trainees to run. Recommended track length for running is 60” for those between 5’7” and 6’4”. What’s more, the track isn’t the best quality either, as it is single ply and runs over small rollers. This means that it will probably need to be replaced within a year if the treadmill is used regularly.
My Final Verdict:
The NordicTrack C 700 treadmill appeals mainly to walkers looking for a treadmill with power incline and a variety of workout options. The preset programs are plentiful and iFit is easy to add on, so it is a fun machine to use. That said, the C 700 doesn’t offer the best overall value in the NordicTrack line; it’s constructed with low-end parts and offers a shorter warranty than other brands on the market. Check out our list of Best Treadmills for Walkers and you’ll see the difference.
That said, it really comes down to price and you won’t find many treadmills of this quality for $899. If budget is an issue but you still need to earn the burn, consider weighted vests while walking, a favorite weight-loss tactic of my own. Studies demonstrate that the additional bodyweight increases the caloric burn and provides a bonus of strength work.
About the Author
Brian Boyce is an 8X national qualifier in NPC Men’s Bodybuilding and Classic Physique. In addition to bodybuilding, he competes in sanctioned powerlifting meets as well as strongman events. Brian has tested and reviewed numerous products in his own home gym outfitted with commercial equipment on his farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the NordicTrack C 700 weigh?
The C 700 weighs just over 200 lb. and has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Is the NordicTrack C 700 good for running?
The NordicTrack C 700 is best suited to walking and power walking, and could be used for occasional jogging and light workouts.