If you want a treadmill that is on the budget-friendly side of things but still comes with a number of great features, the NordicTrack C1070 Pro is a good option. This treadmill will provide you with a challenging workout regardless of whether you are at a beginner or intermediate level runner. It also includes features that can help keep your body comfortable and your joints protected. Though the C 1070 has been discontinued by Nordictrack, it is still available on Amazon.
The C1070 Pro comes with the FlexSelectTM cushioning system, which is a system designed by NordicTrack that allows you to adjust the rigidity of the running deck. At one end of the spectrum you can make the running surface more supple to reduce impact on your joints while running. On the other end, you can make the surface more firm, with the intent of replicating the real-world conditions of running on paved or concrete surfaces.
This treadmill also features 32 built-in programs—great for someone looking for training guidance without having to hire a trainer. Though iFit-enabled, iFit membership is sold separately, so if you’re not interested in purchasing the membership you’ll have to rely on the built-in programs. The incline capabilities of this treadmill are average, maxing out at a 10% incline. This will be enough for many people, but if incline training will be an important part of your at-home fitness routine, you’ll want to go with a different model.
One benefit of this treadmill is its user-friendliness. Its console has smart one-touch controls so you can quickly adjust the speed and incline as needed, and a built-in fan that automatically adjusts its speed to match the intensity of your training and keep you cool. An auxiliary music port and dual 2” speakers let you plug in and listen to your favorite tunes from your phone or music device while you work out.
The C1070 Pro also offers an excellent 3.0 CHP motor, which can support shared use (if, say, your whole family will be using the treadmill) or multiple daily workouts by a single user. You may run into issues if you are doing multiple sessions of intense sprint training. In those cases, having a more powerful motor (as well as a machine that can go faster than 12 MPH) may be preferable.
One drawback of this treadmill is the narrow belt size. At just 18” wide, larger individuals—or those who just prefer a bit more room—may feel cramped. Another issue for heavier runners and walkers is the 300 lb. weight limit. The weight limit dictates how stable the treadmill feels while you’re running on it, so if you are nearing the top end of that weight limit, you may find that you want to go with a higher-end model, some of which have a weight limit up to 500 lbs.
What We Like:
- Built-in speakers and auxiliary music port
- Built-in fan to keep you comfortable while you run or walk
- One-touch controls make it easy to adjust your workout as needed
- Deck cushioning system that allows you to choose your degree of cushioning based on your training plan
- 32 built-in programs for added workout variety
- Incline capability provides an added challenge to runs and walks, if desired
- EKG grip pulse reader helps you monitor your heart rate
- Space-saver design, so it can fold up to be stored out of the way
- Good motor for a treadmill at this price point
NordicTrack C1070 Pro Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||18” x 60”|
|Top Speed:||0-12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
- 300 lb. weight limit may be problematic for heavier users if they use this machine at higher intensity levels
- Limited incline capability, topping out at 10%
- Labor warranty of only 1 year, though not unusual at this price point
- Narrow belt size at only 18” wide
- iFit membership is not included
If you aren’t looking for tons of bells and whistles and just need a quality treadmill to get your workouts in, you really can’t go wrong with the C1070 Pro. The 12 MPH max speed and the 10% incline capability should be plenty for novice and intermediate walkers and runners.
At this price point, a 1-year warranty on labor is acceptable, if not ideal. You’ll also enjoy a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor and a 3-year warranty on parts.