NordicTrack C800 Review
The NordicTrack C800 Treadmill is an affordable model by the well-known brand, NordicTrack. Sold by retailers like Sears, the C800 can be found for around $780.
This treadmill features a folding frame design equipped with the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist. There is a 2.75 CHP motor, and this model can withstand user weights of up to 325 pounds.
The deck provides personalized cushioning and support with the FlexSelect Cushioning system that can be turned on or off depending on your needs and preferences, and the running area is 20″ wide and 60″ long. There is an incline of 0 to 12% and speed capabilities that also range from 0 to 12 mph.
There are 24 built-in workout programs to choose from, and the console is also iFit compatible. The 6″ LED back lit display provides basic workout readouts, and there are one-touch controls on the console for speed and incline changes. There are also built-in speakers and an MP3 compatible music port, as well as a cooling fan and water bottle holders. As with other NordicTrack consoles, there is also a good amount of storage space. To monitor heart rate, users can choose from the dual grip sensors built right in, or use the wireless system (chest strap receiver is not included).
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, with 2-years on parts and 1-year on labor.
What We Like:
- FlexSelect Cushioning: This shock-absorption system allows users to personalize their workout experience with the ability to turn the cushioning on or off. When it’s off, the deck is more rigid and simulates running or walking outdoors. When it’s on, the deck is more cushioned and supportive for greater joint support.
- Folding Design: This model uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist so you can easily fold the treadmill in just one step. The deck reclines on its own, so there is no need for heavy lifting or bending.
- Program Variety: NordicTrack is known for their great program variety, no matter the price point, and this model is no exception. In addition to iFit compatibility (subscription sold separately), there are 24 built-in workout programs that include fat burning, cardio endurance and heart rate programs.
- Price: For just under $800, this price is hard to beat. It’s also a brand that is known for their durability so the price is that much better.
- Warranty: NordicTrack is also known for pretty good warranties. This model has lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, which says something about the quality of this machine.
NordicTrack C800 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
- Drive System: The 2.75 CHP is pretty powerful, especially when you consider the price, but because it is on the weaker side, it can be a bit noisy when in operation or when operating at a steep incline or high speeds.
- No rear rollers: With no rear rollers, this treadmill has some issues when the running deck is inclined. The more you incline, the less sturdy the deck feels, and the more noisy it sounds.
- Assembly: To assemble this model, you may need an extra pair of hands, or an extra hour. The assembly can be time consuming and cumbersome.
The NordicTrack C800 is a pretty good treadmill when you consider the price and program variety. It’s not a high-performance treadmill but it’s a fairly reliable model by a trustworthy brand. If you are a runner, you may find that other models will be a better fit, but for walking and light jogging, the C800 isn’t bad. If you want to look into other NordicTrack models that would be a better fit for running, check out our reviews of the best treadmills for runners.