NordicTrack C910i Review
The C910i can be found in stores like Sears, and is not available directly from NordicTrack. Retailing for just under $900, this residential treadmill provides users with a convenient folding frame and an attractive platinum design, making it a top choice for in-home use. This newer model has replaced the 2014 C900i version which was slightly cheaper. The C910i is similar to the C Series by NordicTrack, which are all models designed with decent motors and performance options matched with affordable price tags.
Equipped with a 3.0 HP motor, users up to 350 pounds can enjoy the C910i, which also features a manually adjustable cushioning system and spacious 20″ x 60″ running belt. Performance wise, this treadmill offers speeds that range from 0 to 12 mph, and can incline up to 12%. Most high-performance models will exceed speeds of 10 mph so this is a great indicator of a well-built, sturdy treadmill. With these options, users can train in a variety ways that include interval and incline training. And if you need a few suggestions on getting started or staying motivated, there are over 20 built-in workout programs to choose from.
Tracking your workout is important in monitoring your progress and setting realistic goals for yourself. Using your heart rate is the ideal way to get these personalized results. With the C910i, you can monitor your heart rate using the dual-grip sensors built into the stationary handlebars, or you can use a chest strap for hands-free monitoring. However; the chest strap is not included with the purchase of this treadmill. Another great way to use your heart rate data is with programs like iFit that use your personalized workout information to help you set and reach goals. iFit can also help you stay motivated by allowing you to choose from tons of professionally designed workout programs that are tailored to your needs. One side note: to use iFit, you must have a subscription that is not included in the price of the treadmill.
The console on this model is fairly basic, as it should be for a beginner or entry-level treadmill like this one, so you can expect a smaller 6″ LED back-lit display screen with a nice spacious area for program selection, one-touch incline/speed controls, two water bottle holders, an audio system and a cooling fan. Sears will offer a residential warranty with this model, and NordicTrack covers the life of both the motor and frame. Additional warranties can be purchased through the retailer.
What We Like:
- Folding Frame Design: A folding frame sometimes makes it to our “don’t like” list if it compromises the durability and performance of the running deck or overall treadmill, but this is not one of those times. The folding frame on this model is convenient and easy to use, and folds down on its own for safety. The deck is durable and not shaky, and you’d hardly know it’s a folding frame with the high 350 pound weight capacity.
- Adjustable Cushioning System: Although manually adjustable, this is a nice feature. If you want a more firm running deck or a softer running deck, you simply unplug the machine and adjust by turning the rollers located under the deck, to the left and right of the running area. The user manual does a great job of explaining this simple process.
- Program Variety: Another great feature of NordicTrack is excellent program variety. While this model lacks custom programming or user profiles, it does include over 20 built-in workout programs that include goal setting programs as well as popular fat and calorie burning programs.
- iFit Enabled: You’ll need the yearly subscription to iFit to use this program (which will cost you $99/year), but it’s well worth it! With iFit, you can track, monitor, sync and store all of your workout data and access thousands of professionally designed workouts, even find vibrant and realistic routes powered by Google Maps!
- Lifetime Warranty: NordicTrack guarantees the lifetime of not only the frame but also the motor. Few brands will take this step to offer lifetime coverage of the motor in addition to the frame, but it’s just one more reason why we love NordicTrack as a brand that stands behind their machines!
- One Touch Controls: NordicTrack’s consoles are known for this feature. The one-touch resistance and incline controls are very convenient, and you also have up/down keys too if you like that approach. There are also one-touch controls for program selection too so you don’t need to slow up or stop to make changes to your workout.
- High Performance Options: This treadmill offers a wide range of speeds that cap out at 12 mph, and you can also incline to a grade up to 12%. These options are ideal for intense training and for the ability to add variety to any workout.
What We Don’t Like:
- Display Screen: We don’t expect a flashy touchscreen or anything on a basic model like this one, but a 6-inch screen is pretty small. The screen also sits just below eye level more than other models so you might get an achy neck and sore eyes from leaning down and squinting to see the screen.
- Assembly: Grab a friend, or two, if you want to assemble this treadmill in a somewhat timely manner. There are many, many, many steps to follow for assembly, so here’s your warning!
- Heart rate monitoring: It’s great that this model is equipped for wireless heart rate monitoring, but we must say that we don’t like to have to purchase the chest strap in order to use this feature. It’s not a deal breaker, but it’s not something we like either.
This is a great mid-range model that offers competitive pricing as well as attractive performance features and a convenient folding frame. We would recommend the NordicTrack C910i as an great in-home treadmill that meets most requirements of a reliable, but if you are looking for high-tech features, lots of adjustable options or entertainment offerings, consider other high-end models by NordicTrack.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
NordicTrack C910i FAQs
What is a good alternative to this treadmill?
The NordicTrack C 990 treadmill is a great alternative to the NordicTrack C910i. It offers a solid base for cardio training and muscle toning, has a strong motor, a long track, and a great range of workout programming.