The NordicTrack C950 Treadmill features adjustable features like an adjustable auto incline. It’s also an affordable folding model, sold by retailers like Sears but is being replaced by newer models. There are multiple alternative treadmills at the same price point that have better features and options and are more durable. We recommend checking out the Proform Performance 400i, which is a newer treadmill. Alternatives in the same price point are the Proform Sport 5.0 or the Nordictrack C700.
This model is equipped with a 3.0 CHP DurX (TM) Commercial Plus Motor and can withstand user weights of up to 350 pounds. The C950 provides adjustable cushioning with the FlexSelect adjustable cushioning system. Users can use the knobs under the running deck to make the belt firmer or softer. The running area is 20″ wide and 60″ long, and the frame is a folding frame, equipped with the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist.
Users can incline up to 15% on this model, and speeds range from 0 to 12 mph. There are 1-Touch controls to make changes to the incline and/or speed, and the auto adjustable incline feature automatically adjusts the incline to the terrain. The C 950 also comes with 2.5″ precision-machined and balanced non-flex rollers to reduce friction.
The console area comes with a 7″ back lit LED display that provides users with 32 built-in workout apps and iFit compatibility. There is also a built-in cooling fan, two water bottle holders, smartphone compatibility with two 3″ speakers, and in-handle controls. To monitor heart rate, users can monitor wirelessly using the chest strap receiver included or with the dual grip CardioGrip hand sensors built in.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, with 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- Auto Adjustable Incline: This feature is nice to have for interval training or training on varying terrain. The incline automatically adjusts to the terrain.
- Adjustable Cushioning: The FlexSelect adjustable cushioning is a unique feature that few other brands offer. Having the option to make the deck more firm or less firm and more cushioned is ideal for many reasons. For one, you can simulate various terrains or adjust the deck depending on your comfort preferences/needs.
- Folding Design: This model uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist so you can easily fold the treadmill in just one step.
- Program Variety: As with other NordicTrack treadmills, there are tons of workout programs to choose from on the C 950. This model comes with 32 built-in workout apps. In addition, the console is also compatible with the iFit program for even more access to workout programs (subscription to iFit sold separately).
- Price: This is an incredibly inexpensive treadmill for just $899. This price is definitely an attractive feature of this model.
What We Don’t Like:
- Console Area: Overall, the console area is cramped. It lacks some features but the most notable negative features of the console are the space constraints.
- No rear rollers: With no rear rollers, this treadmill has some issues when the running deck is inclined. The more you incline, the less sturdy the deck feels, and the more noisy it sounds.
- Assembly: The assembly of the C9650 can be very time consuming, so we recommend you either get Sears to assemble it for you, or get some help.
The NordicTrack C950 is an affordable model that offers some nice adjustable options. It’s not the most sturdy treadmill that NordicTrack makes, so we do not recommend this model for runners, but it’s not a bad treadmill for walking. It’s program variety and multiple adjustable features make it a treadmill that is versatile for in-home use, but we have some other treadmills that are even better for in-home use.