What We Like
- Touchscreen: No other treadmill brand has a larger touchscreen for 2013. Scroll through stats, read email, surf the web, and use high-def video workouts. The HD videos included with purchase include a personal trainer who takes you along beautiful trails, points out historical facts, and keeps you motivated to work out. You can also view iFit Live with the full color interface.
- Program Options: You’ll get 40 preset workout apps, all designed by a certified personal trainer. The workouts target calorie burning, incline, speed and intensity goals. There’s also a Set a Goal workout center that quickly makes workouts tailored by time, distance or calorie burn. For even more customized programs, you can add an iFit console and subscribe to iFit Live.
- iFit Live: Investing about $99-$149 extra will bring access to iFit Live. Some features include: online personal training workouts and tips, automatic charting of your fitness progress online, and virtual races with your Facebook friends. Plus, because of the treadmill’s incline and decline, you can experience the feel of actual trails around the world with help from Google Maps.
- Incline/Decline: Simulate outdoor conditions with a 15% maximum incline and -3% maximum decline. This option helps you recruit different leg muscles for extra toning and calorie burn. If you use iFit, the treadmill can automatically adjust to mimic real-life routes from Google Maps.
- Audio Entertainment: The NordicTrack Commercial 2250 treadmill features a powerful InterMix Acoustics 3.0 sound system. There’s a port for your iPod or other MP3 player.
- High-End Track: The treadmill’s smooth-running, durable track is extra roomy: 60”x22”. QuadFlex™ cushioning provides four special cushioning zones to minimize stress on your body, but you can deactivate the cushioning to replicate street training. The track is coated to require less-than-average maintenance and it runs on 3” rollers for longevity.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Monitor your heart rate by using the included chest strap or grip monitors built into the handlebars.
- High Capacity: This treadmill can hold up to 400 pounds.
- Commercial Motor: Enjoy a quiet and commercial quality 4.2 HP motor.
- Warranty: You’ll get lifetime warranties on the motor and frame, a six year warranty on parts, and three years of free labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Large Footprint: This treadmill measures 81.2″ L X 36.6″ W X 72.2″ H, but it does fold up.
The NordicTrack Commercial 2250 is more treadmill than most of us need, but the high-end basics (motor, track and cushioning) make it very appealing to advanced trainers. Meanwhile, the latest technology makes it appealing to almost anyone! We like the Commercial 2250’s sale price, but if the price jumps back to $3299 you should consider deals from other fitness brands.