NordicTrack Elite 3700 Review
NordicTrack is a top brand that is very popular for quality fitness equipment. The NordicTrack Elite 3700 is a model typically sold by retailer like Sears, and sells for just under $1,500. It is a quality, folding frame model that offers a little something for almost everyone.
The Elite 3700 is equipped with a powerful 3.5 HP motor that can withstand user weights of up to 375 pounds. The running area is spacious at 22″ wide and 60″ long, and the adjustable FlexSelect Cushioning offers personalized support while running, walking, or jogging. This model offers both an incline and decline option, and can speed up to 12 mph. The folding frame features the popular patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist.
The console area on the Elite 3700 provides users with both fitness tracking options and great program variety, with 34 built-in workout apps and iFit compatibility. These programs can be chosen and viewed via the 7″ back lit LCD display screen.
The 1-Touch controls for speed and incline are included on this console, along with a full Intermix Acoustics audio center with two 3″ speakers and an smartphone compatible docking station. To monitor heart rate, users have two options: the pulse grip sensors or the chest strap that is included. Other features of the console include a dual Autobreeze cooling fan and two water bottle holders.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, with 5 years on parts and electric and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This treadmill is equipped with a convenient folding design using the patented SpaceSaver model with EasyLift Assist. This is a very popular design that allows users to fold up the treadmill is just one step. It’s also very secure.
- Decline: In addition to a 15% incline, this model also provides a -3% decline. This is a great feature to look for on treadmills because with this option you can easily simulate downhill running or walking, working multiple muscle groups that would not be able to work otherwise.
- Adjustable Cushioning: The FlexSelect adjustable cushioning provides 6 knobs on the underside of the deck so that you can adjust the running surface to be more rigid or cushioned. This is ideal to simulate varying terrain (great for runners), and it makes it a highly adaptable treadmill if multiple people plan to use the same machine.
- Program Variety: With over 30 built-in workout programs, there is really something for everyone, no matter your workout or fitness goals. With this many programs combined with iFit compatibility (subscription sold separately and required), you can access hundreds of professionally designed workout programs. iFit even allows you to build your own workout, or use routes powered by Google Maps.
- Price: For all of these features, and a well-made treadmill overall, under $1,500 is a steal. NordicTrack makes reliable, durable models so this is a great price point!
NordicTrack Elite 3700 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
- Noisy: Although the drive system on the Elite 3700 isn’t too bad, it still noisier than other NordicTrack models when in operation. The deck makes noise as does the motor, so this is just a point to note if you plan to use this treadmill in a space where noise is a concern.
This treadmill is almost just like the NordictTrack C 1630 Pro, a best-selling treadmill sold directly from NordicTrack. This model is really a great deal, price wise and performance wise. The console area is spacious and highly functional, the deck is comfortable and safe, and there are advanced fitness tracking and workout program options. Our verdict is that this treadmill is all around a pretty good choice, but we recommend you also check out the NordicTrack Commercial 1750, which is a best buy award-winning model for in-home use.