A 3.8 HP motor drives this treadmill, that is also equipped with a spacious 22″ x 60″ running belt that features heavy duty cushioning. It can withstand weights of up to 400 pounds, and can reach speeds of up to 12 mph. This model also offers users both an incline and decline option, of up to 15% and down to -3%. The platinum and black outer cover of the treadmill makes this an attractive model as well.
This folding model is design with a web-enabled, full-color 7″ touch screen display. Users can browse the internet with this wifi enabled model, or access any of the 38 built-in workout programs. In addition, this console is iFit compatible, so if you have a subscription to the program, you can access tons of workouts or choose from routes powered by Google Maps. The console features a full audio system, designed with smartphone compatibility and built-in speakers. There are also the 1-Touch controls that NordicTrack features on other models. To keep track of your heart rate, there are built-in pulse grip sensors or a wireless chest strap receiver that is included.
The 1-Touch controls for speed and incline are included on this console, along with a full Intermix Acoustics audio center with two 3″ speakers and a smartphone compatible docking station. To monitor heart rate, users have two options: the pulse grip sensors or the chest strap that is included. Other features of the console include a dual Autobreeze cooling fan and two water bottle holders.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, with 5 years on parts and electric and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This treadmill is equipped with a convenient folding design using the patented SpaceSaver model with EasyLift Assist. This is a very popular design that allows users to fold up the treadmill is just one step. It’s also very secure.
- Console Area: The overall console area on this model impresses with its spacious, ergonomically-friendly design and multiple amenities that make working out fun and easy. These amenities include things like a cooling fan, storage space, audio options and a full service display screen.
- Decline: In addition to a 15% incline, this model also provides a -3% decline. This is a great feature to look for on treadmills because with this option you can easily simulate downhill running or walking, working multiple muscle groups that would not be able to work otherwise.
- Program Variety: This model offers an impressive 38 built-in workout apps, so it’s quite easy to find a program that works for you and your fitness needs. And if you have a subscription to the iFit program, you have even more options with the workout builder program and other professionally designed workouts to choose.
- Price: The price cannot be beaten on this model. It typically retails for around $1,450, so not bad.
What We Don’t Like:
- Some Quality Concerns: Because this model is designed to be sold through retailers like Sears, it does lack a few quality points that other models like the Commercial 1750 have. For example, the overall operation of this machine is a bit noisier, and it is not made with commercial-grade parts like other NordicTrack machines.
As we mentioned, the Elite 5700 is very, very similar the widely popular Commercial 1750 treadmill by NordicTrack, and we love that model. In this regard, we can recommend this treadmill as a great buy that offers excellent entertainment and performance features, but if you want the true NordicTrack experience, we do recommend the Commercial 1750 over this model.