With the introduction of the EXP 7i, NordicTrack is bringing a great mid-level unit to its T Series of treadmills, designed for in-home use at a family-friendly price. The new model brings solid engineering and a respectable warranty to match its features. As with many of the NordicTrack products this season, the EXP 7i comes iFit-enabled and includes a 1-year Family Membership with the purchase, valued at $486.
With a 7-inch HD Smart Touchscreen and Bluetooth technology, users can either stick with the iFit Coach programming, or perhaps discontinue and utilize their own television, tablet or smartphone. At $1,099, the EXP 7i matches up well with the Horizon family of treadmills, such as the 7.4 AT, with one notable difference being that group’s offering of multiple online workout programs as opposed to iFit.
What We Like:
- Large running track — Measuring 60 inches long and 20 inches wide, the running belt on the EXP 7i is larger than the industry standard and works well for taller, heavier users.
- Smart-Response Drive — NordicTrack has upped the ante by offering a smart system which self-cools while reducing vibration with better technology in the drive. This system is designed to help reduce strain on the body while replicating real-world road running.
- EKG Grip Pulse heart rate monitoring — NordicTrack includes grip-based heart monitoring which can work in conjunct with iFit, or separately.
- 1-year iFit Family Membership — The dynamic workout program includes Google Maps Workouts, as well as live trainers who can control the treadmill’s incline and speed from remote. A virtual library of workouts come with, as well as new routines added daily. Whether participating in a class of any design, or utilizing one tailored for the individual, the iFit program offers programs ranging from HIIT to slow walks.
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist — With space in the home always at a premium, this feature allows for easy movement as needed.
- 3.0 CHP Commercial Plus Motor — A solid motor for smooth running, jogging, or walking, the 3.0 motor is large enough to handle bigger users without sacrificing comfort or performance.
NordicTrack EXP 7i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||0-12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 lbs LBS|
|Dimensions:||77.3" L x 35.3" W x 59.6" H|
|Built-In Programs:||iFit only|
- No built-in programs — The treadmill comes with a 1-year subscription to iFit, but after that it’s up to them.
From a hardware standpoint, the EXP 7i offers a mid-level treadmill within the NordicTrack T Series. A 7-inch HD Smart Touchscreen accompanies Bluetooth audio capabilities and two 2-inch digitally amplified speakers. Automatic trainer control goes along with the iFit programming where trainers can increase, or decrease, both speed and incline.
With a maximum speed of 12 mph, the treadmill also has a maximum incline of 12%, as well as OneTouch® Controls. An AutoBreeze™ Workout Fan helps keep users cool, while an integrated tray affords them the chance to set phones or other objects inside while running.
The 3.0 CHP Commercial Plus Motor keeps the 60-inch x 20-inch belt moving atop the frame, which measures 77.3 inches in length, 35.3 inches in width, and sets 59.6 inches high. Maximum user weight is 300 lbs, and the machine operates using 1.9-inch precision and balanced rollers. NordicTrack offers a 10-year warranty on the frame, two years on the parts, and one year for labor.
About iFit Coach:
The iFit Coach program brings professional trainers to your home live by way of the treadmill’s screen. The trainers can control the machine’s resistance and speed to keep up with the session. The program also brings Google Maps Workouts to the home and allows users to run virtually along the beaches and mountains of Earth, or anywhere with a map. HIIT programs to slow walks are available in either the library of pre-prepared programs, or the daily routines generated. The Family Membership comes with four user profiles, meaning multiple people in the household can have personalized workouts with individualized data tracking.
We’ve long been fans of the NordicTrack lineup, and the EXP 7i is a great midpoint between the T 6.5 Si and the EXP 101. While the T 6.5 Si and the EXP 7i are both priced at $1,099, the latter brings a smaller screen but larger belt and greater incline. Meanwhile, both come with a 1-year iFit Family Membership plan worth $486 which makes it more than reasonable when stacked up against the Horizon 7.4 AT treadmill at $999. We expect great things from this model in 2021 and rank it as more than worthy of a look.