This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
Although the T 6.5 Si treadmill is NordicTrack’s most affordable machine, it’s certainly not lacking in features. The model is an update of the older and discontinued T 6.5 S, and it seems NordicTrack put some effort into updating the unit for a very modest price increase; it sells for just $1,299 directly from NordicTrack.
This folding frame treadmill uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist technology, features a commercial grade 2.6 continuous duty motor, and can support up to 300 pounds. The 20-inch wide and 55-inch long running belt is equipped with FlexSelect Cushioning which can be adapted to your running preferences. With this feature, you can firm things up to replicate on-road running or instead add more cushioning to the running surface to reduce impact on your joints as you run. In addition, the treadmill offers an incline up to 10% and a modest speed capacity which tops out at 10 mph. One thing we and other customers have noticed is that this treadmill is a bit noisier than other models in its class. All treadmills emit some level of noise of course, and here it seems to occur when the walking belt slows down. Keep in mind this probably isn’t a treadmill one wants for heavy marathon training.
While many of the basic specs have remained the same post-upgrade, one of the big changes of the newer model is that both the speed and incline on the T 6.5 Si can be controlled by live instructors. Users can take advantage of this feature with their free 1-year iFit membership, an interactive coaching system. During your live fitness class, both the incline and speed will be adjusted for you by your class instructor. Cool, right? The feature also works with iFit’s Google Maps component which allows you to experience running or walking trails around the world. Here, the incline feature will automatically adjust to the elevations and dips in the terrain as you run, bringing your workout to life.
Unlike its predecessor, the T 6.5 Si does include a HD touch screen display measuring 10-inch across, allowing for proper viewing of the training programs and landscapes you choose to use. At 10 inches, this unit comes in at a bit smaller in terms of screen size, and depending on what one is used to, that might be a drawback. Keep in mind, users can always incorporate their own device into the workout. Although there is no built-in fan, there are two reasonably sized storage compartments/cup holders. It also has two built-in speakers and an auxiliary audio input, but there isn’t a USB port for device charging. The machine offers 20 built-in workout programs outside of the thousands available via iFit, so if you don’t continue with iFit after your first free year you still have a number of training programs at your fingertips which are free for life.
Regarding the warranty, the model offers 10 years coverage on the frame, 2 years on the parts, and 1 year on labor. The motor is included under the parts warranty, but the brand sometimes offers promotions running on extended warranties, so check in with a NordicTrack customer service representative about this before buying.
What We Like:
- FlexSelect Cushioning: This shock-absorption system allows users to personalize their workout experience with the ability to turn the cushioning on or off. When it’s off, the deck is more rigid and simulates running or walking outdoors. When it’s on, the deck is more cushioned for greater joint support.
- Program Variety: NordicTrack delivers when it comes to program variety. The free 1-year membership to iFit included in the package offers a ton of training options, and even without this the T 6.5 Si offers more programmed workouts than alternative treadmills in its class. Despite the price tag, this model still offers 20 workout programs where most models at this price point would usually only offer 10 or less.
- Folding Design: This model uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist so you can easily fold the treadmill in just one step. The deck reclines on its own, so there is no need for heavy lifting or bending.
- Price: Although this is NordicTrack’s most affordable treadmill, it doesn’t feel like a cheap, bargain-basement option.
NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" X 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||73.5" L x 36" W x 54" H|
- Compact Running Deck: At 20-inch x 55-inch, the running deck is on the compact end of the spectrum. That said, this is usually only a concern for taller runners.
- Speed and Incline: The speed and incline offerings on this model are a bit shabby. 10 mph and 10% incline isn’t ideal, especially if you want to run or do interval training.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly treadmill to start out with, this is a surprisingly feature-rich option given its price tag. Although this model is not designed for serious runners, it’s a great option for someone looking to start working out at home, for a modest price.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
NordicTrack T 6.5 Si FAQs
How difficult is it to assemble a NordicTrack T 6.5 Si treadmill?
Many treadmill customers assemble their unit at home after it has been delivered, with just the help of their user manual. There are many instructional videos on Fitness Equipment Help’s YouTube channel to help with the assembly of your NordicTrack treadmill. Alternatively, customers can pay $249 for NordicTrack’s premier delivery which includes delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the machine.
How much does a NordicTrack T 6.5 Si treadmill weigh?
The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si treadmill weighs 210 pounds and has a 300 lb. user capacity. That said, using any treadmill at its maximum weight capacity can affect the longevity of the machine, so if you are a user at the top end of the weight capacity this is something to keep in mind.
Where is the best place to buy a NordicTrack T 6.5 Si treadmill?
It is usually best to buy your treadmill directly from NordicTrack online. Even if you test the machine in-store, always buy the machine online as this will ensure you get all the manufacturer’s online discounts and special offers added automatically, such as the free 1-year iFit membership that’s included with the T 6.5 Si.
How does the treadmill fold up?
The NordicTrack T 6.5 Si incorporates a patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist which means one can simply hit the button and let it fold or unfold on its own with little effort.