NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Review
Sleek steel meets the warm woodgrain in the attractive NordicTrack Treadmill Desk. Combing serious work and serious workouts, this model (#NTL99115) features a spacious desktop, a 2.6 CHP motor and iFit wireless technology. A small data screen is built into the desktop along with speed/incline controls. For workout guidance and a full-color display, you can use your own mobile device as an iFit monitor.
The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk is an especially good value for shoppers who intend to stroll or power walk more than run (which is fai, given that working while sprinting is a bit difficult). Its track is 55″ long, which is roomy enough for most walking strides and jogging. However, this treadmill’s top speed is a mere 6 mph. If you are tall or hope to run on your treadmill, then consider the Treadmill Desk Platinum as an alternative.
What We Like:
Features we like on the NordicTrack Treadmill desk include:
- High Quality Track: This NordicTrack desk treadmill has a 20″ x 55″ track, which is the industry standard for a walker’s treadmill. For quiet operation and lower maintenance, the track has two layers and is infused with lubricant.
- Incline: Boost your metabolism with the automated incline. Walking on an incline burns more calories and develops better muscle tone. The power incline also makes the most of iFit’s virtual Google Maps workouts (available through subscription).
- iFit Enabled: Keep your workouts low-tech or take your treadmill desk online. Using the treadmill in manual mode, conveniently adjust the speed and incline at any time. For guided workouts, use the treadmill with an iFit subscription. Your own computer or smartphone can serve as the monitor for iFit’s HD video workouts, Google Maps workouts with Street View, and customized treadmill workout downloads. iFit also enables advanced data tracking.
- Large Work Surface: The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk has a 38″ wide x 21″ deep work surface. This sturdy desk top is 1″ thick and protected with a mahogany woodgrain laminate.
- Quiet Motor: A quiet treadmill motor is always preferable to a noisy one, but it’s even more important when the treadmill is your office space. Fortunately NordicTrack provides a quiet 2.6 CHP motor with a lifetime warranty.
- Foldable: When space is limited, this treadmill desk is very handy. The deck can be folded vertically to save floor space. In this position, the unit functions like a regular office desk. You can pull up a chair and adjust the desktop to suit your height.
- USB Charging Station: A USB charging port is built into the desktop.
- Shock Absorption: Compared with walking on asphalt, walking on a treadmill is gentle to your joints. Here a commercial grade deck flexes with your movement to support comfortable training.
- Free Shipping: Standard with treadmill desk’s sale price.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: NordicTrack includes a 30-day money-back guarantee on all fitness equipment.
NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||6 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||74.9" L x 45.3" W x 43.8" H|
- Parts Warranty: The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk has a short standard warranty for parts, they are only covered for one year. Regular treadmills in this price class typically have three years of parts protection. The warranty also provides for one year of labor. Fortunately, the treadmill frame and motor have lifetime warranties.
- Low Speed: This treadmill’s top speed is 6 mph. Most treadmills for walkers have a top speed of 10 mph. Although nobody walks that quickly, it’s best to choose a treadmill that you won’t push to near its limit.
- Grip Monitor: Heart rate can be measured with contact sensors on the treadmill’s handlebars. This system isn’t as convenient or as accurate as wireless heart rate telemetry.
- iFit Costs Extra: This treadmill doesn’t include preset workouts and accessing iFit’s unlimited workout programming requires a subscription ($9.99/month or $99/year).
- Manual Height Adjustment: This treadmill desk doesn’t change the height at the push of a button. Once you have it manually adjusted to your height, it stays firm in place. Consider upgrading to the Platinum Desk if this is a concern.
The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk makes multitasking easy. It’s a strong asset at work, and with iFit it can serve as a more traditional treadmill too. However, the Treadmill Desk isn’t as robust as a typical treadmill in its price class and the short warranty is cause for concern. Be sure to explore alternatives from NordicTrack and ProForm before committing.